Studio Lighting Kits on Ebay

I don't know about the lights but £80 delivery charge on a £140 item is a scam to avoid eBay charges. You could probably buy similar closer to home for that money.

I didnt think the postage was too much considering it was coming from Hong Kong via DHL.

More importantly, for around £220 is that kit worth the money? Would I be buying junk? Is this over the odds for lighting kit?

Cheers,
BOM

do a search on here, I found some great advice yesterday, correct me if im wrong but is there a gary who is very good at giving help on the lighting side,

I really depends on whether you really want a studio setup or something more flexible like a Strobist setup. For £220 you get quite a bit but I am pretty sure it won't be very well made or durable, you could spend less than that and have an experiment with some flashes, stands and triggers. The individual items are also a lot easier to sell on if you decide they aren't for you.

you may.... (I did) have import duty to pay as well.

Can't remember how much (or from which HK seller) but think it was about £30 - £40 ish

It was £44 Allan. We both bought the same items a few days apart and both had tax to pay :bang:

Back