Studio Portraits - First "Makeover" Shoot

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
Framing is way too tight for my taste but may have been intentional. Lighting, posing etc is good though, just that framing that distracts my eye every time I look at them. Are they post crops ? I would like to see them pulled back a little if so.

When the heading said makeover I was expecting before and after - the third one sure was an extreme makeover !

Second one - not sure what has happened to the skin on her cheek but looks either blurred or v sharp in places showing up every pore and minor flaw.

The third one, great colouring and pose although again skin looks strange and might have included points of elbows.

TY for the feedback.

Here's another edit:

Reem - Mid Shot 2 by Daniel Cadden Photo, on Flickr

I think the skin thing is probably because I'm rushing the edits... using surface blur to soften skin and a high pass filter at the same time to sharpen details. Should probably be more selective with the application of both.

It's more the lighting and posing I need to concentrate on just now.

I am becoming more of an editor I think than a photographer at the moment so that is what I tend to look at first.

This one I really like the cheeky pose, not having the finger actually on the chin (I think) makes it more appealing. If you do any post processing I would darken her arms and lower background so that the majority of the light is on her face, hair and fingers, if you give permission I can do an edit and show you what I mean - you might like it and aim for that area of lighting or dislike and therefore know what not to try :D

Back