studio portraits

Weird but cool :)

Clearly you know what you're doing and how to make a shot work. You would have to be super picky to find ways of improving these but here goes:

There's a tiny halo around the hat in #1.

That's it from me - great images and for you to improve them you will have to look very hard...but since we always want to be better sometimes it's worth getting the magnifying glass out ;)

Agree with Phil, very very good I like all the 3 different styles and love the backgrounds to each
Dave

I really like these. Very bold colours. I think the first photo would be my favourite.

Great set of shots well done and something completely different.

Brilliantly well done! Love them.

I like them all too. A couple of little things bug me though. Firstly, the heart make-up on the first shot is a little poorly done around the edge. Secondly, I think the rim light in the last shot is too harsh for a wig like that, which is why it has blown some.

All 3 are fantasic shots. Credit has to go to John Farrar for these, he really is a master of these kind of portraits. I have worked with both Carla and Bryony (the models in these pics) several times and I wouldn't recognise either of them because the makeovers are so good.

I'd love the chance to see John in action.

Sharp, fresh, colorful all in all great stuff well done (y)

I like them all too. A couple of little things bug me though. Firstly, the heart make-up on the first shot is a little poorly done around the edge. Secondly, I think the rim light in the last shot is too harsh for a wig like that, which is why it has blown some.
points taken, thank you
All 3 are fantasic shots. Credit has to go to John Farrar for these, he really is a master of these kind of portraits. I have worked with both Carla and Bryony (the models in these pics) several times and I wouldn't recognise either of them because the makeovers are so good.

I'd love the chance to see John in action.
He really is a true master with a very own approach to models :naughty:, had a fantastic day with him and learnt a great deal. If you ever get a chance... go for it. I'd be surprised how quickly he can turn 'nothing' into something spectacular
love the pics, first being my fav
Sharp, fresh, colorful all in all great stuff well done (y)
lol, i looked at these before i read your text and though "hmm, they look very John Farrar" :)
thanks

Last edited:
points taken, thank you

He really is a true master with a very own approach to models :naughty:, had a fantastic day with him and learnt a great deal. If you ever get a chance... go for it. I'd be surprised how quickly he can turn 'nothing' into something spectacular

thanks

All three are cracking pictures. I would be so proud if I could produce anuthing resembling this quality (y)

Do you know where he advertises his workshops - I can't see anything on http://johnfarrar.com/beauty.htm

Thanks in advance/

All three are cracking pictures. I would be so proud if I could produce anuthing resembling this quality (y)

Do you know where he advertises his workshops - I can't see anything on http://johnfarrar.com/beauty.htm

Thanks in advance/

Thanks mate, a lot of it is down to brilliant MUA, really good models and of course John's guidance.
You'd have to write him an email (he's also on facebook) and ask as I don't think he advertises anywhere (doesn't neet to). You may want to think about inviting more people to divide the cost... where do you live?

BSphoto said:
Thanks mate, a lot of it is down to brilliant MUA, really good models and of course John's guidance.
You'd have to write him an email (he's also on facebook) and ask as I don't think he advertises anywhere (doesn't neet to). You may want to think about inviting more people to divide the cost... where do you live?

Thanks - I've contacted him on Facebook - just waiting for a response back - its been a couple of days, so we'll see.
I'm in Manchester - was hoping to go to a pre-arranged meet.
Thanks for the reply, and well done on some cracking pics!

Back