Studio Rental: Mayfair (looking for)

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Need a studio to rent for a day as close to Mayfair as poss (Green Park/Bond St etc).

Full length business portraits on white so it will need enough space and a scoop. Also, I just sold all my lights so will need something that hires kit (or can have it dropped off). I'm gonna say 5 lights and the biggest softbox on earth :)

Any ideas?

Doesn't look as though anyone can help.
If you're hiring the gear couldn't you include a backdrop and stands and rent a hotel conference room locally? That would have the benefit of bars and comfy waiting areas.

Trouble with that is they normally have furniture and and amateur feel to them

Need a studio to rent for a day as close to Mayfair as poss (Green Park/Bond St etc).

I guess the logical option maybe to hire the studio thats part of the Leice Store there. I know its avaible to hire, but not budgets or if its available

Is the furniture bolted down?

does it matter? at the end of the day you're not going to present an air of professionalism stacking the furniture in the corner of the room so you can set up in the hotel - especially when there are 3 or 4 good studios around that area

Last edited:
Trouble with that is they normally have furniture and and amateur feel to them

Also, lack of height. To shoot a tall man on a white background I really want a 10 foot ceiling. I'll make do with a 9 but most hotel conference rooms are like 7'6" with hideous downlighters.

I guess the logical option maybe to hire the studio thats part of the Leice Store there. I know its avaible to hire, but not budgets or if its available

Ah - perfect. I'll give them a call. Totally forgot about them.

does it matter? at the end of the day you're not going to present an air of professionalism stacking the furniture in the corner of the room so you can set up in the hotel - especially when there are 3 or 4 good studios around that area
Sorry, I don't know the area and had assumed that if there were "3 or 4 good studios around that area" someone would have mentioned it. ;)

Calumet or The Flash Centre for hire?

Possibly - but if they have them in house it will be cheaper. I don't need anything special.

Sorry, I don't know the area and had assumed that if there were "3 or 4 good studios around that area" someone would have mentioned it. ;)

:) Can't say I've found 3 or 4 yet. But I may have a narrower view of "the area" than is helpful. I'm trying to avoid a trek to Hoxton. My clients will start shaking if they cross Regent Street.

:) although it sometimes feels like it, not everyone lives here. :)

Its a pricy bit of London so a lot of studios are associated with other businesses to. Like the Leica store.

Possibly - but if they have them in house it will be cheaper. I don't need anything special.

:) Can't say I've found 3 or 4 yet. But I may have a narrower view of "the area" than is helpful. I'm trying to avoid a trek to Hoxton. My clients will start shaking if they cross Regent Street.

There is a lot of choice in Hoxton. I didn't know if The Hassleblad name would stop them shaking

yeah, Leica shop's studio is nice though you'll need to use colorama. AFAIK they don't have any lighting in-house - you'll need to get from Direct or similar. Calumet Drummond St or Direct Photographic at Waterloo are the nearest with inhouse rental. Direct have a cove, Calumet it's a grotty meeting room with a low ceiling.
Nomadic Films have a small studio with cove in soho, or your next best options are just up from Kings Cross, Big Sky or Rida.

At Leica btw, I think you're ok with a full width colorama 2.7m, but anything wider and you have to haul it up on a rope through the window as it won't fit round the stairs... oh what a fun morning that was(!)

ps If you're renting lights, may be worth dropping me a line to see if mine are sitting around in my flat by euston that day... ;)

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaand now they want to add a full length b/g in post......................................... :banghead:

Back