Studio Shoot with Female Friend

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Heres a few from todays shoot, Took over 400 Photos. But heres a couple I have processed this evening.

Thanks for looking.

6335269145_0509412f22_b.jpg

1:

6335268075_8f1db22429_b.jpg

2:

6336026184_5decab68fa_b.jpg

3:

6335268667_5f2de4a18d_b.jpg

4:

6336026574_5701dcb4e3_b.jpg

5:

An absolutely stunning set (y) the only things that I'm not sure about is in the first and second the catch lights in her eyes are over powering her eyes and I don't like that :( it worse in the first to the second thought and in the fourth although I love the look (y) :clap: she is merging to much into the background which is a real shame :shrug:

I know I've sounded really picky in that critique but they are such small niggles in a otherwise outstanding set that I would be very proud to have shot and I bet that see loves them (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I agree with comments above, but to detail more...

#1 is spoilt only because the catchlight is directly in her pupil rather than her iris - some PP work could rescue an otherwise well-lit shot.

#2 is great framing and I don't have a problem with the catchlights here

#3 just needs a levels tweak in PP to make the top of the sunglasses less shadowy

#4 an unfortunate colour choice from the model hehe, if you'd toned down the bg lights slightly you'd have got more contrast. I don't like the cropped elbows

#5 Nice pose - perhaps more light as you appear to have clipped the blacks, especially on her left stocking top. Can you recover this in PP?

Otherwise as stated a nice set with a good model :)

2 and 4 work best for me, I like the white top against the "white" background. I really like the feel of 5 but she looks so sad (and just get her to tuck in the bra strap next time).

She's a stunner - wow!

Now, onto the photos..fantastic set

1) I agree to an extent with our friends above about the catchlights...I don' think its ruining the shot to any degree but a bit of PP will soon enhance it.

2) IMO the catchlights are fine in this one. I'm not sure that her right hand (couple of fingers) is adding anything here and ma of been better without.

3) Nice shot, doesnt do a lot for me...think i'm not keen on the shades.

4) She isn't disappearing into the BG at all on this shot. Her shoulders are close but there is still separation. The lighting is a tad flat compared to the others but non the less its a fantastic shot.

5) Nearly there, there is something about either the pose or the crop that isnt quite working for me with this one..I think bouncing a bit more light with a reflector might of been good too.

Fantastic set though, you should work with her again...lots!

Thanks for the Comments Guys,

I did not want a darker background in these, I did shoot with both and prefered the Lighter. I was going for a clean bright look.

Heres a couple more:

6337035166_cc4bf3bca8_b.jpg

6:

6336277977_2387d053a6_b.jpg

7:

Great set in 5 how do you get your background to look so clean

Thanks mate.

Just made sure it was falling even with no creases.
Then just used the CS5 heal tool on the dark shadow where it bends.

It was a quick edit, if you spend more time it will look a lot better.

Matt

Matt, I thought I posted earlier....I must have not pressed the reply button. :bonk:

Any way, I like the 1st set a lot and not bothered by the crops but the lighting is good but there does appear to be a slight colour cast on the images especially noticeable on the knitwear.

I loaded some of them up in ACR and adjusted the WB only slightly and to me they look a bit better. I used the WB eyedropper tool on her eyes for the setting.

Really? I can't see any colour casts?
I shot using a colorchecker and edited on Calibrated Monitor, so colours should be pretty much spot on.

I would love to get a shot like number 7.. Looks spot on to my (beginner) eyes

Thanks for all the Comments. Appreciated.

Couple more slightly different style I have just edited:

6340412444_1237f06f3b_b.jpg

8:

6339778625_f112ba2df2_b.jpg

9:

Last edited:
Some very nice shots there. Beautiful girl.

Thanks EOS_JD :) She was Stunning!! You should see the Lingerie shots ;)

Marcus Geezer said:
Number 7 is a cracker and IMO would have been much much better if you had a really shallow dof with the focus maintained on the eyes.

Nice set.

Thanks Marcus.

Most Headshots I use a Shallow DOF and it works, but I don't personally think it would of helped this image, as it was shot straight on most of the face would have been in focus anyway. really appreciate you taking the time to comment. :)

Last edited:
2, 6 and 8 are the ones that really stand out to me well lit and good crops!

I was thinking number 2 was the best of the set (IMO of couse), then I scrolled to number 7 and now can't decide. Two great images from a good set.

Back