Studio shots for fashion boutique website

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm a sports photographer by trade, but was asked to do some shots for a friend's new boutique so happily obliged! The "client" is delighted with the shots; I'm not disheartened given it was my second effort with studio lights, but the perfectionist in me wants to improve so would appreciate any feedback and constructive criticism.

My key battle was to avoid shadows on the background (me and the lights called a truce after a while!) - ideally I didn't want a background. The shot below is typical of the set, with no post-processing at all.

11734188006_37b3c6d614_c.jpg

Shot specifics:
Canon 7D
17-55mm f2.8 @ 17mm (I wanted to shoot at longer focal length but space didn't permit)
1/125, f11, ISO 100
Softbox to the left @ 45degrees 7ft high @ f10
Umbrella to the right @ 45degrees 7ft high @ f13
Light meter gave reading of f13 for exposure, but I adjusted to f11 after shooting grey card and looking at histogram
White balance set in camera from white card

Looks great. I'd be tempted to shop out the slight shadows. I'd be chuffed as nuts with that. Even at 17mm wide it looks great, I'd have thought it'd be unflattering, but no! How powerful are your lights?

Thanks! Yeah I'd rather lose the shadows, but with a couple of hundred shots, shopping them all is just not practical :-( I guess extra lights on the background would be a good investment. I've got the Interfit EXD400 lights and I'd recommend them.

Great dress! Other than the slight shadows it looks great!:)

Back