Studio shots

Edit My Images
Yes
I did a photo shoot for my wifes hairdressers a little while ago and these were 2 off the entrys to the college competition, the male shot was a winner in its catergory.....

used 2 x 45w flashes and umbrella, from ebay (£50), now looking for something a little more sustantial

C&C appriciated

JA_-_05.jpg

JA_-_04.jpg

JA_-_02.jpg

Last edited:
Like both of these - the male shot I think is the strongest. You may get more feedback if you posted the shots here as opposed to just a link. A lot of folk just dip in and out and avoid following links.

These are wonderful shots, I particularly like no. 2! The expression-less face of the lady's face & the light contrasts are what make it for me (y)

Thanks for posting these, and for the link :)

For £60 these seem to be a bargain. I have not had too much experience with lights, I am guessing that you get what you pay for - what is the downside of these? On a rating between 'better than nothing' and 'wow', where do they fall?.

Chris

For £60 these seem to be a bargain. I have not had too much experience with lights, I am guessing that you get what you pay for - what is the downside of these? On a rating between 'better than nothing' and 'wow', where do they fall?.

Chris

Obviously they do take a bit of playing around with but a few tweaks here and there you can recive good results.. i find a f-stop setting of F5 works better... the heads did have to be placed close to subject F5, 1/100 sec and i used my nifty fifty...

like you say you do get what you pay for but i cant afford to spend £100s .. i have seen some here

http://www.stableimaging.co.uk/3-x-180w-portable-studio-flashstrobe-lighting-kit-p-37.html

but dont know if i should go for them or save some more money and get something better... what do people think?

Last edited:
Back