Studio Test: Holly

rdh

Edit My Images
No
Hi-ho,

Some more pictures of the better half, this time using a 60" reflective umbrella (camera left). SB-900 and 70-200 @ 105mm.

83.jpg

84.jpg

C&C welcome! :)

I like the poses but the lighting on the skin tones is too uneven for my liking. Perhaps accentuated by the processing but I'm not sure what you've done there so I don't know.

hi there
there is something very sixtys about No 2...
both are very good but love 2.
well posed.
mickytwoknives

I dont like the poses I am afraid, very dated.

I also think the light is too harsh on her face.

this first! the pose is very natural and calm, she appears at ease with the camera. the lighting is nice kind of flat. composition is good!

Sorry, I hate to quote this, how is this a natural pose? Do you see women walking down the street looking like this? :D

That would be lovely. :D That first pose reminds me of those Organics shampoo adverts. I'm not a portrait person but that first image is the best of the two, the lighting in the second isn't quite right, not keen on the shadow across the face. However her eyes in the second image are great.

why not a shoot through brolly, will soften the light and still have decent depth in shadows if used right!

I prefer the first picture.

Get your partner to buy some white eyeliner this will make her eyes look even nicer. I'd use a mild soft filter as well (even though she's attractive).

Which picture did she prefer??

Back