Stuff you don't need but you want anyway.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Whilst surfing the variuos photographic retailers I quite often find stuff that I have no need for and would probably never use but I still want.

Today I founfd this on Ffordes, I've already got a projector and dont tend to get my slides mouted anymore bit this is just gorgeous.

https://www.ffordes.com/p/SH-18-2165/slide-projectors/prado-s-100mm-f28

Muppet! You missed out a few years back.... I had several gorgeous working projectors in my then, rather large collection of photographic related material . I would have happily let you offer one to a good home.
As for this one at fordes , if you really have a heartfelt yearn for it then life’s to short not to take the plunge and enjoy !
I say starve yourself for a day or two and put the funds towards a treat[emoji6]

Muppet! You missed out a few years back.... I had several gorgeous working projectors in my then, rather large collection of photographic related material . I would have happily let you offer one to a good home.
As for this one at fordes , if you really have a heartfelt yearn for it then life’s to short not to take the plunge and enjoy !
I say starve yourself for a day or two and put the funds towards a treat[emoji6]
I'm actually trying to slim down my collection at the moment, although this is tempting photography equipment only goes out the door, not in.

I'm actually trying to slim down my collection at the moment, although this is tempting photography equipment only goes out the door, not in.

Ah but but but......

you know how much you would really like it [emoji23]

That is extremely sexy, much better looking than the one I had that went to... Hooley? Steveo? Never did find out if that came good!

Well for me it wasn't about want but curiosity as I bought (at the bootie) a Voightlander projector with two lenses for a fiver but erm still looking for slide cassettes for it...BUT really didn't need it as I have a Kodak Carousel with remote control.

20x16 camera. After seeing the wet plate collodion video by Ian Ruhter aaaaaage ago, I've always wanted a truck sized camera. I don't need it in the slightest as 5x4 is absolutely perfect for me, but I was a *Huge* camera none the less [emoji1]

Ditto
Already studied and got more than one 20x16 outfit in different paniers/ wish lists but that’s as far as it will get I reckon although never say never.

Cost, weight, practicalities of carrying and the upgrade of equipment for PP puts it well out of reach, however if I had unlimited funds I wouldn’t hesitate in the slightest.

Last edited:
Ditto
Already studied and got more than one 20x16 outfit in different paniers/ wish lists but that’s as far as it will get I reckon although never say never.

Cost, weight, practicalities of carrying and the upgrade of equipment for PP puts it well out of reach, however if I had unlimited funds I wouldn’t hesitate in the slightest.

20 Euros a sheet for Adox 100. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Tbh if I was to sell most of my kit to raise funds then it would just about be doable I think but yes the price of each exposure [emoji51][emoji51]

On a more realistic note I have already ideas in my head of going predominantly 10x8 with complimentary reducing backs for 5x7 , 4x5 and if available, 10x4.

Simply keeping one light 4x5 outfit for those ‘everyday ‘outings.

It would have to be a 10x8 camera that I really felt at home with though and offered all the specs that I would like, so again , probably far from cheap but the running costs are doable.

I have all I need to shoot and print upto 10x8 format so in principle it’s just additional film expense and of course an intrepid 10x 8 enlarger kit when it becomes available not that I’m adverse to contacts or scans.

The only thing that puts me off slightly is weight depending on model but even if over 4kg , that’s only a little above what I lugg around with the walker titan sf45.

As it is I’m happy with what I have atm , nonetheless like most of us, I keep my options open.

Men with beards, beer and big cameras...

Back