Stunning Morecambe Bay sunset last night

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Not saying my pics are stunning but the sunset certainly was! :)

Any feedback much appreciated.

P1000290.jpg

P1000318.jpg

P1000342.jpg

P1000298.jpg

P1000314.jpg

P1000275.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful light in 2 but all are great. I'm a sucker for sunsets, why do so many people poo poo them? Did you use any NDGrads?

You got some cracking conditions that's for sure !

IMO a lot of these images could benefit from both sky and sea/ground cropping, concentrate on the beautiful middles of these images.

1,3,6,7,9 & 10 to be precise.

Thanks again everyone. Going to try out some tighter crops - I do normally do that but thought I would try something different this time.

Sunsets are the better sides of life - these images record this perfectly.
Good set, i enjoyed them.

Good set of sunsets and from a good place for sunsets as well.:clap:
You can't beat Morecambe Bay for a good sunset.
The shot for me is number 3 with a little bit off the bottom. IMO.:thinking:

OK thanks STARKAST and ta thanks. I work in Morecambe and often in the evenings so I can usually sneak in a few pics quite nicely. Morecambe does get some amazing sunsets.

Here's a few tighter cropped versions:

P1000342-1.jpg

P1000290-1.jpg

P1000271-2.jpg

Last edited:
Stunning, the cropping really works, i would so love to have taken no 11, very inspiring thanks.

The cropped shots look so much better. Well done.

Number 2 is a great shot!

Out of interest - Is that bird statue a well know feature of Morcambe bay?

8 and 10 for me, I love the different perspective in 8 and 10 has me thinking about running to the car before i get soaked! ;D

Thanks folks.

Dangleman - It's on the redeveloped stone jetty in front of the Midland Hotel - a very popular spot so I guess reasonably well known but not exactly famous. The Eric Morecambe statue is probably the most well known feature on the prom.

Thanks folks.

Dangleman - It's on the redeveloped stone jetty in front of the Midland Hotel - a very popular spot so I guess reasonably well known but not exactly famous. The Eric Morecambe statue is probably the most well known feature on the prom.

Thanks Grum. I'm asking as I've got a really good assignment lined up which involves representing the whole North West with 'quirky' images, and Morcambe is on the clients potential hitlist. I'd thought of the Eric statue actually, but have to confess I've never actually been to Morcambe, yet.

Back