stupid question - lighting, iso, club tog

Name
Nattelie
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm planning on taking my camera to a gig in the near future. Daft question, but... if I don't use flash, do you think my nifty 50 (f/1.8) and iso 800 would be adiquate? (A350 doesn't like iso higer than 800, gets really noisy after that) of course there's always shooting film....but I'd rather shoot digi. Just pondering...

As above...

i work in a theatre, and grab the odd oppurtunity to snap what i can, with my 70-200 f2.8, at 1/100, i vary between iso between 800 when bright and sometimes 3200 when really dark!! the latter photos arent brilliant tho lol

flash will destroy the mood of the gig and I doubt you'll actually be able to use it anyway

If you have to push the ISO and you're not happy with the results, as long as they're sharp a B&W conversion often saves the day.

Steve

And don't be afraid to raise the iso to get the exposure correct... an underexposed image at iso1000 will PP worse than a correctly exposed image at iso 1600 (y)

One thing - lots of venues don't allow "big" cameras (those with detachable lenses) inside. You would be as well to check first, I've stopped bringing mine when I go to see bands as I'm always turned away unless I give them the camera during the performance. 50mm might be a bit short, depending on the size of the place and where you are relative to the stage.

Back