Styles

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
Just toying around while I have nothing to do.

Which do you prefere, and if you can say, why ?

Img_3597x2.jpg

Img_3597xBW2.jpg

Cheers

Prefer the 2nd one. The first looks to dark & seems to lack contrast making it appear cluttered

black and white version, definately better, the top one looks like you got your white balance all wrong

Yep.. nasty tungsten cast on that first one Kris, but I think I'd prefer it if you can correct it - you might struggle to get it dead right if it isn't a RAW file, but the colours would be far more subtle if you can get the white right. :)

B&W here also, looks fresher and sharper, just looks right, possibly also due to the subject including text.

The first IMHO just looks like wrong WB - in another setting it may imply warmth, but in this one I dont think so.
:thumb:

The colour one is way too saturated and rather than adding to the image, it is off-putting, so in that regard the B&W version is the better of the two. Having said that, I suspect that if you put a corrected white-balanced pic up, that would get the majority vote...

Ditto B & W, being a B & W fan. It is easier on the eye but could do with more contrast in itself ? mho only !

However, for this subject, if the colour was more accurately represented it may turn out the better ? But it depends what you were trying to achieve I suppose ?

Bit of a rush job Kris complete with dodgy mask drawing, but I think the colour version is better?

balanced.jpg

Was he not asking which version though - not how to improve it, I prefer CTs colour over the colour of Liberalis, but the B&W still wins it for me.

Yep, b&w for the win.

Liberalis,
looks like I'm the odd one out here but I prefer the 1st one actually. The B&W is just a B&W...nothing special. The 1st one is a little more interesting to me and warmer.
BTW, I think the shot is really well composed...maybe its the composition thats the real winner in the shot?
Rich

I would say black and white but can you give it a lot more tone and depth like the colour version? IMO it needs to be darker and a bit moody'er. Good DOF.

i prefer #1

looks like the book has been placed down after a bit of bedtime reading, the colour cast adds to the feeling with the warm tones.

i really must protest about the DoF on the text though.........i can't read it all :D

what book is it?

i too like the colour version, it adds warmth to the image, as if sat lovely in the nice warm house having a read

colour version for me too, warm, not so clinical.

Back