Sub £200 compact camera

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
My son's going to Australia in a couple of weeks and has asked me to source him a camera . It's a mind field out there so I thought I'd ask you guys on here. He's after one that has good image quality small enough so he can slip it into his pocket or small pouch ,not worried about video .

Sean .

I've just been on evilbay and found a Sony Hx5, small point and press. I've had mine for years. Its tiny, picture quality is great. £15-30. Bargain! Any of the HX series.

Sony RX100 MkI (in budget) or MkIII (probably a bit above budget). Both have exceptional IQ for a small compact camera.

The MkIII has an EVF and a faster lens and is well worth the extra money.

I've had both of the above and only sold them to upgrade to the MkIV.

Another good option might be the Panasonic LX100, which has a m4/3 sensor. Haven't used this personally but have read good things about it.

Sony RX100 MkI (in budget) or MkIII (probably a bit above budget). Both have exceptional IQ for a small compact camera.

The MkIII has an EVF and a faster lens and is well worth the extra money.

I've had both of the above and only sold them to upgrade to the MkIV.

Another good option might be the Panasonic LX100, which has a m4/3 sensor. Haven't used this personally but have read good things about it.

Yes I can recommend the rx100 too
I've got the mk 1 had it a while now and it's great for those times that I don't want to carry a big camera

Back