Sublime

Great shot John, lovely light and nice soft tones.(y)

George.

A strange, surreal, yet restful image. One wonders what can be the purpose of such an alien structure out there on its own!

A strange, surreal, yet restful image. One wonders what can be the purpose of such an alien structure out there on its own!

There is another identical structure on the beach Duncan. They act as lighthouses/navigation beacons I believe. Once they line up, it means something to the ships/boats.

There is another identical structure on the beach Duncan. They act as lighthouses/navigation beacons I believe. Once they line up, it means something to the ships/boats.
Very interesting. It doesn't look strong enough to withstand heavy seas. Mind you, my main experience of British waters is off the North west coast of Scotland, where such a structure would have a very short life:)

It's totally beautiful, personally I wouldn't change the crop or anything, it works well as is.. :love:

Very interesting. It doesn't look strong enough to withstand heavy seas. Mind you, my main experience of British waters is off the North west coast of Scotland, where such a structure would have a very short life:)

It does look a bit flimsy but the Victorians knew how to make durable structures from cast iron. It is indeed a beautiful photograph.

Fascinating information- many thanks for that, huffy.

Thanks @doggel and @huffy for the links! :)

it is nice warm feel good take, like it a lot,
I would explore a few different crops,
as a triptych it would look great,
Of this type of image this is very pleasant
It's totally beautiful, personally I wouldn't change the crop or anything, it works well as is.. :love:
It does look a bit flimsy but the Victorians knew how to make durable structures from cast iron. It is indeed a beautiful photograph.
nice shot

Appreciate your comments guys! :)

I love this lighthouse, have taken a few shots there myself. Great photo, makes me want to go back and take some more.

I'm thinking to go back again but in low tide. Lovely long exposure you got in your website @ynot :)

Love it! Great composition and colours. How do you find the pro grey filters?

Thanks Neil! This was shot the following day after the Armageddon sunrise :)

Yes I do really like the Progrey filters, specially their 10 stop ND filter, it got minimal to no color cast on it! I've used Lee filters before, but change them all to Progrey ;)

I really like it.
As soon as I saw it I thought "Peace at last". It is such a beautiful, serene image.
Well done.

Great super lovely excellent and so on :D

I think it's a wonderful image and it's perfect as it is. I don't think moving it would help. Unless you take it right out the frame and replace it with Kelly Brook :)

Excellent colours and tones in a long exposure shot:). Not sure what it is, on the right hand side on the horizon, a small boat/buoy perhaps? but I would be tempted to clone it out as once I had spotted it; kept on thinking it could be a dust bunny?

Interesting to read the logic of how the lighthouses worked, could think that as you got nearer, the accuracy of lining up the 2 lights would diminish, but guess the river channel moving was the cause of its operational demise.

Beautiful restful image. (y)

Excellent colours and tones in a long exposure shot:). Not sure what it is, on the right hand side on the horizon, a small boat/buoy perhaps? but I would be tempted to clone it out as once I had spotted it; kept on thinking it could be a dust bunny?

Interesting to read the logic of how the lighthouses worked, could think that as you got nearer, the accuracy of lining up the 2 lights would diminish, but guess the river channel moving was the cause of its operational demise.

Beautiful restful image. (y)

Well spot @lostsoulal2, its a tiny boat! I should have clone it during processing! Thanks :)

Back