Subway music at speed

I quite like these sorts of shots that exhibit movement as this does.
My only niggle is that the image has a post just off centre (which is fine for me) but its not quite straight but that's just me and my OCD for things like that

Fine shot Alf and supersharp for a handheld at 0.4 seconds (according to Flickr). The passenger movements are well balanced against the relative speed of the train, while the yellow lead-in lines top and bottom really balance each other.

I quite like these sorts of shots that exhibit movement as this does.
My only niggle is that the image has a post just off centre (which is fine for me) but its not quite straight but that's just me and my OCD for things like that

Thanks Andrew I will check out the post

Fine shot Alf and supersharp for a handheld at 0.4 seconds (according to Flickr). The passenger movements are well balanced against the relative speed of the train, while the yellow lead-in lines top and bottom really balance each other.

Thanks Peter

That's a very nice shot Alf, of some place that I have often been to. Great movement in the train showing the stars & stripes, and the guy listening on his cell phone really adds to the shot.(y)

"Did you get to visit some of the shops underground there"?

George.

Last edited:
Nice shot. Love photos of the underground there :)

Love it, almost like being there (y)

I love this type of shot Alf, and like how you captured the Stars & stripes elongated along the train carriage.

Thanks Rob Glad you like it

That's a very nice shot Alf, of some place that I have often been to. Great movement in the train showing the stars & stripes, and the guy listening on his cell phone really adds to the shot.(y)

"Did you get to visit some of the shops underground there"?

George.

Thanks George
No I never got to the shops down there maybe next time.

Nice shot. Love photos of the underground there :)

Thanks Adam

Love it, almost like being there (y)

Thanks Jak

My only niggle is that the image has a post just off centre (which is fine for me) but its not quite straight
Looks like someone has a grid overlay on their monitor permanently. lol :)

Thanks Andrew I will check out the post
Don't worry about the green post, it's more likely to be a perspective issue rather than a camera handling issue. The people in the image are straight so it's fine by me. If you look at the other green posts they are straight.

Great capture and well executed shot, well spotted and well taken. It is a tiny moment of modern life.

Looks like someone has a grid overlay on their monitor permanently. lol :)

Don't worry about the green post, it's more likely to be a perspective issue rather than a camera handling issue. The people in the image are straight so it's fine by me. If you look at the other green posts they are straight.

Great capture and well executed shot, well spotted and well taken. It is a tiny moment of modern life.

Thanks Redsnappa

Your framing is great and all the elements work well together but it's the colours and textures that make it with no too-dark shadows anywhere.

love the "hidden" stars and strips flag in the train.

Thanks Mat

It really does feel like the train is rushing by when you glance quickly at it!

Thanks Craig

Nice! Would love to go back to NY

Thanks Marc

Your framing is great and all the elements work well together but it's the colours and textures that make it with no too-dark shadows anywhere.

Thanks Romney

Back