subways at night

Edit My Images
Yes
went for a wander in the rain a couple of days ago. it got everywhere and affected most of the shots. in some it looks ok, in others it needs clearning up, here's a fair sized bunch to share.

this is my fav. 10.5mm fish
groundlevel.jpg

looking inside. 10mm sigma
lookingin.jpg

fish on the wall
subwaywallfish.jpg

similar shot with the sigma 10mm to show the difference
subwaywall10mm.jpg

i wonder if this is what it's like to be a grouch in the uk? sigma 10mm (stank of wee)
oscarsperspective.jpg

had to do it :)
nikonfish.jpg

go the flash out and got a portrait, yes i know i look 'ghetto fabulous' with my hood up, but it was raining in my defence.
meportrait.jpg

us in action shots, mike...
mikeinaction.jpg

me
meinaction.jpg

looks like ive taken a liking to this fisheye, nice to able to borrow it at least, one day i'll have one.

thanks for looking

What an excellent series of shots, i like them all but the one with you stood is awsome, you really do stand out, i think i can almost smell that stench you mention lol.

Are you saying Noah stank of wee then Barry?

;)

Great set of shots though Noah! Love the ghetto fabulous ones! :)

lol, thanks

and you'd be surprised just how long you can hold your breath when you put nearly £1000 worth of camera kit in a council bin that smells of wee!

Excellent series. Really love the black and white feel coupled with the really wide angle / fish eye. Excellent stuff.

Brave man being down there at night .....great shots.

excellent shots there noah :thumb:

Noah said:
but it was raining in my defence.

So it might have been ... and outside ... but rain ... in a subway ??? :ponders: Surely just an excuse to look like you belong ... :laugh1:

And in danger of being arrested too ... :whistle2:

Oh ... and a great set of shots resulting too - TFS ! :thumb:

See you weren't alone then ... very wise !:smilenod:

cheers all, thanks for the comments.

pete: your 10-20 shots inspred me to finally do it and buy the sigma so thanks for the compliments, means a lot.

and DJW, you're right it was pretty worrying at times, esp with the scallies about but then i bought a nice camera and i'm damn sure gonna use it, sure helps to have a good mate back you up tho :) again, thanks for the comments.

Ven: comedy as always, that night i did belong ;) and thankyou

cheers ed34 :)

As said....excellent series of shots. I would have been very wary of possible conflict.

regards

It's surprising how much distortion the fisheye add over the 10mm. I thought fisheye just meant very wide.

nope, it full of distorted goodness. here's a another from that night which shows it well...

museumnight1.jpg

ps those streeet lights were at the same distance as i was from the building.

Great shots, first is a brilliant, and the hoodie is quite good. I applaude your confidence to just go out and get the shots, I think I'd be spending 10 minutes watching my back for every second I looked through the viewfinder:thumb:

Also makes the Sigma 10-20 look like an absolute bargain:clap:

Hey, just noticed you're Cardiff/Bristol based Noah, where were these taken?

these are from cardiff, by the museum and city hall. i'd like to have a go in bristol but the scally-at-night factor is even larger there ;)

Yup, don't even dare walk down the subways in the daytime in Brissol!

Excellent set Noah.

I particularly like the bin shot and the perspective it gives.

All excellent shots, great feel to them. Really like first two and the one with you in. Great stuff.

They are fantastic! I really love the 1st and 2nd shots.

Good stuff there. All it needs to be perfect is a 'Multiple' from 1PARA patrolling down the tunnel....

:embarasse I really must get my 'green' head off...:smilenod:

Back