Such amazing snowy scenes today , best snowy april by far!

Edit My Images
Yes
It was snowing heavily in Whitstable i was celebrating my mums birthday at long reach and i could hardly get the car up the car park... Drove a little further inland 2mins drive and it was even deeper. Up at dunkirk and surrounding areas it was atleast 10-12cm. More snow canterbury way aswell

Image27.jpg

Image28.jpg

Lots of photo's here , please look!

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/NeilSouthDivinePhoto/WinterLand/

Ooh i like them! particularly the composition of the second one :)

Thanks all , for my second shot in this post on another forum they said my white balance was off as its Grey and its a boring shot. Surelly being a Grey day , the white balance was ok?. Not sure about boring either as it leads you down the field across the snow line

It was snowing heavily in Whitstable i was celebrating my mums birthday at long reach and i could hardly get the car up the car park... Drove a little further inland 2mins drive and it was even deeper. Up at dunkirk and surrounding areas it was atleast 10-12cm. More snow canterbury way aswell

Image27.jpg

Image28.jpg

Lots of photo's here , please look!

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/NeilSouthDivinePhoto/WinterLand/

Probably the time of post, 9pm sunday night. You often find the comments roll in during the day when the post is bumped by others commenting.

Nice pics, you love your dark and moody shots dont you :)

Probably the time of post, 9pm sunday night. You often find the comments roll in during the day when the post is bumped by others commenting.

Nice pics, you love your dark and moody shots dont you :)

Ah yes its probably because im a late person going to bed at like 1am , though i have had lack luster replies in the past and its not just here too.. I spent hours going through my photo's of churchs and what not making sure they are pleasing and only picking the ones i feel people will like. But when i didn't get many replies and the only ones i did were of its not very interesting a few times i felt like giving up on photography.

I got some replies on these shots on two other places and all i got was the second one is boring and the white balance is off i feel like leaving my camera alone giving up on it. Though i did get some nice comments here , i don't always expect nice comments it doesn't work like that but still :)

About the dark and moody , its probably my internal mood how i feel or how the weather felt at that time.

I got some replies on these shots on two other places and all i got was the second one is boring and the white balance is off i feel like leaving my camera alone giving up on it.

About the dark and moody , its probably my internal mood how i feel or how the weather felt at that time.

You ***HAVE*** to take every comment with a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper. Photography is completely subjetive, and you will never be able to please everyones likes and tastes. Any crit you get, take on board if you feel it will help, and be thankful that people are happy to help out.

With regards to your photos, you definately aim for a certain mood as far as I can see. You like dark harsh shadows, and you love to push your skies quite far too. I think they are very cool, but the mood will not suit everyone. When you go for such a unique style and personal twist, you will definately divide opinion more, and perhaps those who are not keen on the dark and moody shots won't comment?

For the record I have absolutely ZERO faith in my ability, but I look at this like its a journey of learning and increasing my knowledge and skill. Getting nice feedback sure helps, but without it, I would carry on and keep my chin up.

Anyway, you clearly love what you do, and you (and I, and many others) enjoy looking at what you create, so keep going!!

Gary.

Oh, and yes, most of the late threads are ignored by the majority until the next day...

Gary.

Neil

As others have said its is most likely the time of posting... Sometime when I post it is late at night and I do not get any replys for a couple of days...

I like the second one of your images.... as you say the diminishing tree line makes a nice lead in line... you might want to see if you can clone out the power lines.. they put an unwanted break in the image.. But that is only my view..

Regards

Nigel..

EdinburghGary

Thankyou and i totaly understand what you mean..

Shutterman , agreed on that... Bloody powerlines always get in the way :D

One reply.... Not sure why my posts get a lack of replies , such a shame thanks though to HanC
Ha! I was the first one to post any snow photos from Sunday morning, and nobody commented on them (out of 75 views)! Maybe they're just boring. But at least the white balance was OK. ;)

I like the fact that you've gone for an unorthodox aspect ratio here, and I like composition of #2 especially here. I immediately thought that you'd deliberately gone for the blue look in #1 and the grey look in #2 - perhaps to avoid all the usual white balance issues with snow scenes - and I thought that was an interesting and worthy creative decision. Tell me it wasn't just a mistake...!

I like the fact that you've gone for an unorthodox aspect ratio here, and I like composition of #2 especially here. I immediately thought that you'd deliberately gone for the blue look in #1 and the grey look in #2 - perhaps to avoid all the usual white balance issues with snow scenes - and I thought that was an interesting and worthy creative decision. Tell me it wasn't just a mistake...!

Actually i didn't go for the blue look when i first edited it but i liked how it came out and went with it. The grey look yes as the day was grey , cloudy and cold its also how i felt with the black and white photo. Take for example the blue shot in the shots in the link that was done through my car window and i really liked the tone.

Thanks for the feedback

Back