Sucker problem

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive just bought a Snooper Indago (great unit by the way!), but I'm having a rather serious problem with it. WHen I attach the sucker mount to the windscreen it holds for a few minutes, before promptly falling off!

Im pretty sure I am using it correctly, as I borrowed my cousin's unit (same model) for a week and used it every day with no problems.

Can anyone advise?

Many thanks in advance!

Joe :)

clean the sucker with soapy water, and allow to dry naturally, then dont slobber on it like a teenager having his first snog, hardly any moisture required, then slap on cleaned screen

Hi Joe,

Try cleaning the area you want to attach it to with nail varnish remover or something similar to remove any film / haze from the screen, then it should attach. I had a similar problem with a mobile phone holder and that worked for me. Make sure you moisten the pad first too.

Heavy Duty Velcro from B&Q etc! Far more trustworthy than those suckers. I use it it for all sorts of stuff including mounting Tomtom in the car. ;)

It wasn't my nail varnish remover btw!!! :D

is it scratched at all?

It wasn't my nail varnish remover btw!!! :D

I dare say it never even entered most people heads that you might use nail varnish. That was of course until you printed that retraction :LOL:

As to the sucker problem. Check to see if the sucker is softer than the previous one you tried. It may be that its just to weak - a - sucker for the job :)

I dare say it never even entered most people heads that you might use nail varnish. That was of course until you printed that retraction :LOL:

:bang: What have I done??? :eek:

nice one Joe!

do you think perhaps its time we had an off-topic section?

lol well once it was photography and general discussion!

Anyway, the latest is that I went back to the shop today and told them the problem. The guy in the shop (after much scratching of his head) swapped my mount for the one on the display model.

It seems ok so far.... :)

Thats why I asked the question about the sucker being softer than the other one. A soft suckers no good to anyone :LOL:

Is it ok to go off topic now Joe?! :D

Thats why I asked the question about the sucker being softer than the other one. A soft suckers no good to anyone :LOL:
:LOL:

Reminds me of my mate last night... he started stropping about claiming he could do everything better than a woman...so another friend replies, "well if that’s the case... Give us a blow job"

:LOL:

Back