Suction Car Mounts

Name
Mike Whitmore
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone know where I can get these from? I've seen mentions of Bogen Super Clamps etc but what about if I want one to attach to a door via suction?

I'm not talking the big car rigs by the way, just the smaller size ones. One that could fit on the inside of a windscreen would also be handy.

Try here :)

Bogen is the US name for Manfrotto btw, a Superclamp costs about £20 and is a great bit of kit. I got mine in ARRI (the movie supplies company) packaging, for £12 each off Ebay

what kind of camera are we talking about ?

i can stick a manfrotto 241 suction cup to the cealling and itll hold a 1d with anything up to the 70-200 f2.8

what kind of camera are we talking about ?

i can stick a manfrotto 241 suction cup to the cealling and itll hold a 1d with anything up to the 70-200 f2.8

Really? :thinking: Manfrotto say it is " for small fixtures and lightweight equipment only ", that lot doesn't sound small or light :LOL:

I've heard that the Manfrotto F1000 suction cup is good, and it's not a bad price either, around £25 IIRC.

Hopefully will be buying one at some point.

It needs to support a D200 at least..and an average weight lens such as the 17-70.

Trev, I appreciate the offer but I'm sceptical as to whether it will hold the camera in place..unless you can prove otherwise? It needs to stick it to the side of a car.

Thanks for all your input so far everyone, I've been searching for Manfrotto cups but they're pretty difficult to come across so far in my searches. I'm considering doing a DIY effort if I can find the necessary stuff.

Wouldn't like to risk it. Its great sitting on a tank, and I suppose bonnet or roof, but side mounted I'd be a bit dubious.

But the offer is there even to anyone else

Trev

Arg i want some of these now :( :LOL:
could get some really good shots with them

Wouldn't like to risk it. Its great sitting on a tank, and I suppose bonnet or roof, but side mounted I'd be a bit dubious.

But the offer is there even to anyone else

Trev

If it's still available i'd like to take up your offer :)

Not too sure what your planning to use it for, but if its for slow shutter speed shots then here's my DIY one, cost £12 in total and works really well.

CarCameraMountcopy.jpg

Really? :thinking: Manfrotto say it is " for small fixtures and lightweight equipment only ", that lot doesn't sound small or light :LOL:

yep wont hold it for long but will last a good half a hour or so upside down stuck to a truck roof
will hold a max of 3kg according to manfrotto but you can easly push it closer to 5kg

Interesting setup Dal, thats exactly the sort of thing I'd want to do actually. Whats the 3rd leg leading down to the side skirt? Is that a monopod?

Tyrone, as nice as they are I can't really afford something like that :( but thanks for the contribution.

Stuntmonkey, thats the same eBay shop as FITP suggested :p

Could you post what you used on your DIY effort Dal?

Those suction cups can be bought from B&Q for £ 5 each.

Where did you get the tripod for £ 2 from ;)
Ah, the £2 was for the clamps. doh, I suppose you could say that rig cost around £150 then lol.

Interesting setup Dal, thats exactly the sort of thing I'd want to do actually. Whats the 3rd leg leading down to the side skirt? Is that a monopod?

Tyrone, as nice as they are I can't really afford something like that :( but thanks for the contribution.

Stuntmonkey, thats the same eBay shop as FITP suggested :p

Could you post what you used on your DIY effort Dal?

It's obviously not as good as the pro setups and I would never leave the camera to hang on its own, It's Ideal for doing some slow panning shots at walking pace.

The thrid leg going to the side skirt is part of the tripod, each leg is independant.

If you want I can take some photo's of the setup off of the car to show how simple the fixings are.

Yeah if you could I'd appreciate it mate. :)

Cheers.

Back