Sudley Castle Something different

Edit My Images
Yes
This is the first time I've really tried this type of shot, normally its motorsport and race tracks. Taken last weekend in the grounds of Sudley Castle, Gloucestershire.

All were shot in manual mode (still a massive achievement for me!) with a 55-200mm lens.

C&C definetely welcome
Cheers
Stu
DSC_1567.jpg

DSC_1583.jpg

DSC_1593.jpg

DSC_1595.jpg

These are really good, i like the technique. Just to picky i think the sky is too bright in number 1 (sorry). very impressive though(y)

Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong with the sky being over exposed. I've got a few shots from the day all with similar sky issues.

All nice.

I would have liked 1. better if the pipework didn't run up the middle of the steps and through the tower

Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong with the sky being over exposed. I've got a few shots from the day all with similar sky issues.

A graduated filters will darken a bright sky leaving the rest OK. If you shoot in raw & it's not blown, Lightroom has a ND graduated filter that may do the trick.

I love this set. I agree, the sky in no. 1 is slightly too bright. No. 4 is a bit over exposed imo! But never the less, niiice!

Thanks for the comments and tips - I'd forgotten about these shots as its nearly a year to the day since I took them. Perhaps I should go back and see if I'm taking better shots a year later :LOL:

Back