Suffolk Coast (Cove Hithe / Benacre Beach)

I like #1 best. I think it would also work well as a star trail pic or maybe a bit of light painting to bring out the driftwood.

There's some fascinating stuff on the Suffolk coast. The church at Covehithe is a cracking spot. Orford Ness and Shingle Street are good too.

Great Pictures Adam.

I don't live far from Benacre. I remember when I first went there the beach was littered with old tree roots, it looked like a scene from an apocalyptic sci-fi film.

I must go back there some day soon.

I like #1 best. I think it would also work well as a star trail pic or maybe a bit of light painting to bring out the driftwood.

There's some fascinating stuff on the Suffolk coast. The church at Covehithe is a cracking spot. Orford Ness and Shingle Street are good too.

I tried a star trail, but I can't seem to stack it properly, and it was only over a short period of time with dawn happening.

The church is beautiful. I took a few there as well! Unfortunately I was only there for one day, caught sunrise in Walton-on-the-Naze and then head up to Suffolk. Came back this morning.

Great Pictures Adam.

I don't live far from Benacre. I remember when I first went there the beach was littered with old tree roots, it looked like a scene from an apocalyptic sci-fi film.

I must go back there some day soon.

When I got there I got on the beach, and started walking... Natural coastline, not a single person around, trees laying on the beach, hot weather and a clear blue sky. I was starving hungry and lost, and felt like a castaway washed up on an island!

There's a program called Startrails which you can download free. It's great for stacking exposures. I've tried stacking 2 hours worth and it looked ok. 4 hours would have looked even better but you'd need a warm coat, a big flask and a lot of patience to sit it out for that long :)

There's a program called Startrails which you can download free. It's great for stacking exposures. I've tried stacking 2 hours worth and it looked ok. 4 hours would have looked even better but you'd need a warm coat, a big flask and a lot of patience to sit it out for that long :)

Yeah! I was not very prepared at all...

This was base camp for the beach sunrise... Haha

_MG_9673 by Adam Browning, on Flickr

Beautiful images. I love the first.

personally i would think the sunsets would be quite crap given it faces east...

Back