Scotland Suggested Locations for sunrise slightly north of Inverness

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I've started working north of Inverness for 3-4 days a week and I'm keen to get some landscape sunrises. Only problem is most of the time I need to be in meetings before the sun comes up so might manage 1-2 days a week to get some early stuff in. Looking for some suggestions for good landscape sunrise locations not too far from Beauly/ Muir of Ord/ Alness areas that I could scout out in the little free time and daylight available to me until spring when we get the lighter nights.

Not sure how far is not too far, but there is The Fyrish Monument near Evanton/Dingwall. There is also some nice wee lochs in the area, such as at Torrachilty, Loch Ussie, Loch Garve etc. In the Garve area, there is also Rogie Falls and Blackwater bridge. A few ideas there which might be of help.

Thanks Craig
Evanston/ Dingwall not too far so I'll try to scout some locations out during day
Jim

If you take the 3rd left as you go up Leachkin Brae (pro. Laakin) just outside Inverness, there are good views looking NE, across part of Inverness and down the Moray Firth.

Last edited:
What about the Lighthouse at chanonry point?

Back