Suggestion for Weather resistant replacement camera.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a replacement for my late DSLR. I am looking for something a bit smaller than a DSLR as the prove to be a bit to cumbersome.

Living in Manchester unfortunately it rains more often than not so a weather / dust resistant body would be nice.

Suggestions to so far are:

Olympus OM-D E-M5 I & II
Canon G3X

Very recent addition is the Panasonic LUMIX GX8. Any one seen one yet?

This is all I can find that might be appropriate.

Any other suggestions from people would be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Last edited:
I'd suggest the Olympus EM1 if you shoot moving subjects

Nikon AW 1 for Manchester rain. You might need to hold it above your head to keep it above the 10m depth limit though! ;)

More seriously, the Fuji XT-1 is well worth considering and there are several WR lenses in the line up to fit it.

Thanks for the replies. I will be using it for general family pics as well as going wandering and doing landscape / wildlife photography.

As for the Manchester rain I know what you mean! Having come from Liverpool it was quite a shock!

I have considered the Nikon AW1 but having handled it I get the feeling it's like a child's toy having had a Canon DSLR.

The Olympus EM1 is an interesting thought but the wife wants something a bit smaller that can be used as a general walkabout camera.

Try the EM-1 and EM-5, there isn't actually a huge size difference and the grip on the EM-1 makes a big difference to the handling. Pop a small lens on it and it's definitely in the walkabout camera category :) (blindingly good camera as well)

Back