Suilven view

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_1375-Edit.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
as 68lbs said... thanks for posting, thats an amazing view :)

Sorry, in my haste I forgot to comment on the image itself. :bang:

Purely subjective but I feel it would lend itself more to a heavy pano crop.
Also, it's a little flat IMO and could do with a levels and contrast boost.
Probably not to every ones taste but ........ for what it's worth.

original.jpg

Nice photo, Tom! I agree that a more pano-type crop probably makes it more dramatic, but I bet you were liking those clouds. (I always hate to crop out cool clouds!)

Many thanks to you all for your valued comments which are very much appreciated.

I have previously looked at several edit variations of this image, including pano's.

I am not really sold on a pano of this image as I think the sky has a lot to offer the composition - namely the cloud interest in the sky and the effect of those clouds to give the light to dark variations in the mid ground. . A variation I had considered was:

IMG_1375-Edit-1.jpg

Tom

Suilven is a fabulous hill and I have almost the exact same shot taken from the B 869 road just north of Lochinver. ( A few more from the summit too )

Many thanks garnoch for your comments and for taking the time to do your edit of this scene.

As said elsewhere - small world

Tom

You had a whale of a time in Scotland this year didn't you! For me, I prefer your original or Garnock's pano. Different characters and both very nice.

Many thanks Just Dave, DonnaM and whitey for your valued comments which are very much appreciated.

Tom

You had a whale of a time in Scotland this year didn't you! For me, I prefer your original or Garnock's pano. Different characters and both very nice.

Yes thanks a fair mixture of horizontal rain and sunshine. :D

I think the crops are always going to be down to personal preference as 3 edits bring out different aspects of that scene.

Tom

Back