Suilven

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Long drive and walk to Suilven, heavy rucksack, bitter winds, windchill, bogs, scree, rutting stags...

30222800451_c81466ed35_k.jpg

30309694555_380daca692_k.jpg

30229187031_5abe26b8f7_k.jpg

29684760574_b879906a11_k.jpg

30196859102_0a34d70c31_k.jpg

29684567163_2907e51729_k.jpg

Very nice....2 & 3 would be my picks! The last one was calling out for a Milky Way shot above the tent...could you not have taken one from the other side?

Very nice....2 & 3 would be my picks! The last one was calling out for a Milky Way shot above the tent...could you not have taken one from the other side?

I never thought about that shot actually. Image 5 is directly behind me, maybe the moon light would have had an impact on it?

Ah, yes....that pesky Moon!! Would've been quite tricky!

Fabulous set Andy. Number 3 for me as it gives you a sense on how remote Suilven is.

Did you camp on top? I did this walk last year(up the North gulley) and met somebody coming off who 'tried' to camp overnight, but had to hang on for dear life all night due to high winds and rain......I walked up in glorious sunshine and calm:)

Update - I've just read your mates excellent report on Walkhighlands along with some more fab photos. Sounds like you did have a bit of a rough time with the weather up there.

Last edited:
Fabulous set Andy. Number 3 for me as it gives you a sense on how remote Suilven is.

Did you camp on top? I did this walk last year(up the North gulley) and met somebody coming off who 'tried' to camp overnight, but had to hang on for dear life all night due to high winds and rain......I walked up in glorious sunshine and calm!

We put the tents on a sheltered part of the ridge although it was still windy, 20paces in either direction seemed to put you directly in the line of fire.

Some folk were up on the north buttress and said it was very windy. Next morning we met a lass who had stayed in the bothy overnight and was attempting a solo summit, however she soon caught us up coming off saying its was so windy she was scared and backed out.

Seriously epic adventure and photography, love the scale of the images, well done.

However there are some seriously blown colour channels and strange things happening with the first.

Seriously epic adventure and photography, love the scale of the images, well done.

However there are some seriously blown colour channels and strange things happening with the first.

Yeah I never saw that when I processed it, only when I uploaded it here. I find I sometimes lose track of the colours whilst concentrating on other parts of the image. I will redo it, and crop some of the top off, seems too empty up there aswell)

Very lovely images and real stamina and dedication too!

great set of pics i visit ullapool and lochinver for my fishing every year
try going up stack polly next time

Back