SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Sort of a semi bust this trip. Too windy for reflections despite the forecast's protesting otherwise - and the sunset its self failed as a bank of cloud blocked the final hour's worth of sunlight.

_DSC5615 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Not a complete bust as this is my present desktop back ground and it aspect ratio it is perfect for a 16:9 screen.

Last edited:
Hi steve,

I still think you could improve this by boosting the shadows. Black slider? it just looks a bit "polite" to me.

But it does give a good impression of an extraorinary looking mountain.

I did initially render it with higher blacks - but then I found myself pixel peeping and didn't like what I saw in the shadow area's. There is room to stretch the histogram quite a bit further to the left and a little more to the left - but I am just too polite to do it :D - or I am just not a fan of darkness :D

I am of the thought that as it is in direct sunlight quite late in the day the shadows would seem and feel lazy - and they were. It was indeed a lovely lazy summer's afternoon and after a nice but socially distanced lunch in the An Ala Cafe (highly recommended by the way) I too felt lazy.

Suilven is a remarkable shape - and IMHO best sampled on this side rather than the Stac Polaigh side. Easy shot to take this - just walk along to Glen Canisp lodge and use a telephoto. Suilven, the Buachaille and Blaven/Sgurr Nan Gillean remain my favourite Scottish peaks to shoot.

Last edited:
Back