Suitable Charity to donate photographic paper to?

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Good Evening All,
Long story short in that my daughter has a decent quantity of photographic paper left over from her University course. Although she still loves photography, she isn't into developing her own photographs. Therefore we have a number of packs of photographic paper to dispose of. I wonder is there a charity out there that would be happy to accept/use it? We're in Sussex.
Many thanks, Richard

Why not list it on here then donate the funds to your charity .

Why not list it on here then donate the funds to your charity .
Its a new member that joined up to post that.
Of course, they can always make 26 meaningful posts, and they'll have access in 30 days.
But I doubt we'll see them much, if at all, again.

He does not state, bearing in mind he mentions "developing" , whether he means inkjet photo papers or silver halide 'wet' papers.

FWIW I would suggest he reaches out to school clubs & societies? For example https://worthschool.org.uk/photography/

Last edited:
IMHO there's not many charities worth giving money too (and I've done work for several) most are business thinly disguised as charities, some simply cons dressed up and most rip off the people who donate with huge percentages syphoned off to buy for overheads (average charity CEO wages £165k plus car etc) I used to donate to two the RNLI and the PDSA, I no longer suport the RNLI after they gave money abroad.

IMHO there's not many charities worth giving money too (and I've done work for several) most are business thinly disguised as charities...
Decades ago, I did a stint at the Charity Commission's Taunton site.

I was given a "side of the desk" job for the investigation department and was struck by how few people were in that work. When I asked about this I was told that "management don't consider it too important". I hope things have changed but I doubt it. :(

IMHO there's not many charities worth giving money too (and I've done work for several) most are business thinly disguised as charities, some simply cons dressed up and most rip off the people who donate with huge percentages syphoned off to buy for overheads (average charity CEO wages £165k plus car etc) I used to donate to two the RNLI and the PDSA, I no longer suport the RNLI after they gave money abroad.
*STAFF EDIT* No political comments in the lounge

Last edited by a moderator:
Update in that a relative of mine has chosen Photography to take at A-Level next year, so all sorted thank you. Many thanks for the advice and suggestions. Best wishes to all.

Pleased to know that they will be used and for posting the outcome :)

Back