Suitable non AF lens for Nikon F601AF

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
As I mentioned in the obsession thread in film and conventional, I have been having fun and games with the F601 when trying to use it in manual mode. None of the lenses I own have an aperture ring that I can set and, when set to manual mode, comes up with the fEE error.
Can anyone suggest a suitable manual focus lens with aperture ring that I could buy to overcome this problem?

Thanks

David

You should be able to use any of the series 'E' lenses, full manual with aperture ring.

Any Nikon AI or later lens will fit on your F601. Non AF lenses can only be used in A and M mode. G lenses should work in Programme or Shutter Priority modes although Fee is shown (according to the info I've found).

Thank you both for replying, I shall continue my search using the information that you have suggested.

Regards

David

@dizidav and @Eloise

Thanks again to you both for your help. I have managed to find a virtually pristine Series E 50mm f1.8 pancake lens which I ordered yesterday afternoon and arrived today!!!
And whilst having a search around found a Pentax P30n with a Pentax-A 28-80mm and got that off the bay for £15.00.
It will be great to get back to basics instead having a camera do everything for me.

Thanks again both of you.

David

Plenty of older AF lenses have aperture rings which allow them to be used on film bodies. Not just Nikkors, some Sigmas and Tamrons as well as other 3rd party manufacturers' offerings.

Back