Edit My Images
Yes
i was going through some photos and found this one. She was sulking, though I can’t remember why. I like it but I wonder if the fence is distracting and the lack of eye contact is an issue. TIA for your thoughts.

43108252414_316cb537d3_z.jpg

For me the fence isn't a problem - it's the lack of any facial contact at all. There's a hint of expression there, but the face is turned too far away for my liking. Nice composition though. The background is a bit bright but that's a personal thing. The main thing for me is the turned away face.

I think the turned away face says it all really, not a conventional head shot but there is certainly enough there to capture the mood.

For me the fence isn't a problem - it's the lack of any facial contact at all. There's a hint of expression there, but the face is turned too far away for my liking. Nice composition though. The background is a bit bright but that's a personal thing. The main thing for me is the turned away face.
That’s fair @Harlequin565 And I understand what you’re saying about the bright background.

I think the turned away face says it all really, not a conventional head shot but there is certainly enough there to capture the mood.
Thank you. I can’t decide whether I like it or not because I know lack of eye contact/interaction with the subject is a bit of a big deal!

Back