Summer solstice sunset

I nearly went out last night but my fear was it was a tad too windy for reflections in Glencoe. I love mid summer.

Your pictures nice.

Cheers Steve,
There was a mild breeze where I was which was enough to ripple the water which is a pain if your chasing reflections.
Looks like a good forecast for the weekend though.

Cheers Steve,
There was a mild breeze where I was which was enough to ripple the water which is a pain if your chasing reflections.
Looks like a good forecast for the weekend though.

Aye Glencoe tonight I am sure - I nearly went out this AM - had the alarm set for 2am - checked the forecast and the winds were that bit too high. Tonights mill pond still - just hope there will be light :D

Aye Glencoe tonight I am sure - I nearly went out this AM - had the alarm set for 2am - checked the forecast and the winds were that bit too high. Tonights mill pond still - just hope there will be light :D
Fingers crossed for you mate and look forward to seeing your results if you do head out.

That's a beautiful shot, Stuart.
Oddly, my eyes are constantly drawn to the two small green lights on the lighthouse, but I think they're an integral part of the shot, so wouldn't mess with them.

That is lovely for me, the processing looks really natural.

Thank you kindly.

That's a beautiful shot, Stuart.
Oddly, my eyes are constantly drawn to the two small green lights on the lighthouse, but I think they're an integral part of the shot, so wouldn't mess with them.

Cheers Viv,
Yeah this is a disused lighthouse that they have put coloured lights in for show and thats what the green is.
I thought the same as you though, they are part of the lighthouse so they should stay.
If the light had been a little brighter I may have cloned them out.

Lovely Stuart. A spot I've been meaning to visit for years but never get round to it.

Thanks Martin, you should get down there some time. When the weather is on point and the tide is in then there can be some great compositions had

Back