Summer Sunset from Clevedon Pier

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
Just two from a trip to Clevedon on Saturday night for a high tide sunset. It was the absolute the highest the tide could be, and the sea was quite rough so I spent most of my time cleaning filters, recleaning fitlers, you get the idea!

Old Faithful by Stu Meech, on Flickr

STU_1783.jpg

Last edited:
2nd for me, very nice pastel colours and nice format ... I would have liked #1 in landscape view as I'm not fond of the very high 'portrait' style. :)

That's a very nice shot Stu, great composition, lovely lighting and I really like the way the light catches the foreground rocks.(y)

George.

A very nice pair of photos there, Stu. The water in the first one is spot on! What shutter speed was that? Just right, not too smooth; some of the best water I've seen.

Steve

For some reason I was only seeing one image when I last replied Stu, I'm now seeing both of them and also like the second shot very much. Good straight forward composition with lovely delicate light and also a very nice sky.(y)

George.

No1 is excellent (y)

A very nice pair of photos there, Stu. The water in the first one is spot on! What shutter speed was that? Just right, not too smooth; some of the best water I've seen.
Hi Steve, it was 1/2 sec on this one.

1st one is about as good as they get in Clevedon
And you would know! :)

Cheers all for the comments!

Stu, for me that first image is absolutely breathtaking.
I'd have that printed and hung in a heartbeat.

There's a lot to commend the first one, great sky, lovely colours and the the lovely light on the rocks , but I don't think it quite works as well as the 2nd. Maybe its the portrait style, although I have no problems with that style with landscapes, but here it doesn't seem to quite fit, well not for me anyway.

I do much prefer the 2nd, the pier takes a more prominent role and the soft pastel colours suit it well.

#1 for me fantastic moment when the sun pops out like this
Cheers Kevin. Isn't it just! Had to work hard with the exposure so the sun wouldn't blow out - in the end I had to brush a slightly darker exp back in for the sun.

Stu, for me that first image is absolutely breathtaking.
I'd have that printed and hung in a heartbeat.
Cheers Ruth! One day I will get around to printing my own stuff.

Gotta say the first too, light, top to bottom, is amazing.
Cheers Rich.

Love the first shot. Very nice.
Thanks!

First one is bang on the money mate
Cheers mate!

There's a lot to commend the first one, great sky, lovely colours and the the lovely light on the rocks , but I don't think it quite works as well as the 2nd. Maybe its the portrait style, although I have no problems with that style with landscapes, but here it doesn't seem to quite fit, well not for me anyway.

I do much prefer the 2nd, the pier takes a more prominent role and the soft pastel colours suit it well.
Thanks Steve for your comments on both. I think I didn't go with a landscape composition as the pier is partially covered in scaffolding at the moment so couldn't get much width without getting that. Glad you like no 2 as well.

First shot is a stunner Stu
Cheers Neil!

That's just down the road from me and I've seen plenty of shots of the pier.
There are lots like the second shot, but the first one is the reward of persistence and timing; it has to be one of the best I've seen!
It's a cracker! :)
Cheers Duncan, much appreciated! It was worth getting wet shorts for :)

Back