Sunday macro safari

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some shots from my macro safari out in the wilds. i was trying out using my 60mm f2.8 Zuiko for a change using back button AF and MF comdined. I do not use this lens much I am keen to take it on holiday

A bumble bee might a heath bumblebee

Bumblebee by Alf Branch, on Flickr

A Clegg

Clegg by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What |I think is an Emeral damselfly

Emerald damselfly 1 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Emerald damselfly 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Lovely set Alf and that lens is taking nice clear sharp shots.
Yes that does look like a Emerald damselfly.

Nice set Alf. I very much like the last one.

That's a sharp lens. The Flickr versions show what good detail it is catching. I like that the lens is so small and light too; I think that helps make it a delight to use.

So that is a cleg-fly. That is interesting to know; I saw a couple of those fairly recently. Didn't get bitten this time either.

Very nice. As a macro novice I'm very impressed with the quality of these.

Thanks Chris
SDhow us some shots we are always willing to help someone improve

Lovely set Alf and that lens is taking nice clear sharp shots.
Yes that does look like a Emerald damselfly.

Thanks Graham

Love the first shot of the Damselfly Alf, it's a great angle on it.

Thanks Pete

Nice set Alf. I very much like the last one.

That's a sharp lens. The Flickr versions show what good detail it is catching. I like that the lens is so small and light too; I think that helps make it a delight to use.

So that is a cleg-fly. That is interesting to know; I saw a couple of those fairly recently. Didn't get bitten this time either.

Thanks Nick
The lens is sharp and small and light which is great but I find it frustrating to use due to its slow MF when get closer than 4:1. I was not able to tell which species of Cleg it is though it may be a notch horned cleg

Looks like that lens is working well for you. Exposures look good and lots of detail to enjoy in the images. I think you did well with the bee as it's not as easy as it might seem with the reasonable physical size of a bee to get something which looks as good as the idea of taking the shot at the time.
Nice to see the Clegg, not come across anything like it yet personally, and the Damsels are great, well composed shots with superb colour and details, shows the value of getting out and working at it.

I think the last shot is great - great angle very clear and sharp - excellent work.
Thanks Peter
Looks like that lens is working well for you. Exposures look good and lots of detail to enjoy in the images. I think you did well with the bee as it's not as easy as it might seem with the reasonable physical size of a bee to get something which looks as good as the idea of taking the shot at the time.
Nice to see the Clegg, not come across anything like it yet personally, and the Damsels are great, well composed shots with superb colour and details, shows the value of getting out and working at it.
The lens is nice and sharp. The bee was relatively easy as it was not moving for a bee.
I am not new at this and I have had lens for a while just using it again as it is small for my holiday. I just wanted to practice with it.

Back