Sunday Morning Football on the Marshes...

Edit My Images
No
A few recent dabblings from Hackney Marshes. I am found there - slowly sinking into the mud - most Sunday mornings as I have a regular booking for a couple of the local rags. Bizarrely, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Some bog-standard tackling action for starters...

sund003.jpg

Keeping your opponent at arm's length...

sund004.jpg

Making the most of a clumsy tackle...

sund001.jpg

A spot of backlit tussling...

sund006.jpg

Beware low-flying Sunday morning footballers...

sund005.jpg

Let's do aeroplane impressions...

sund008.jpg

If there's a gap, go through it...

sund007.jpg

...and this version of the 'dramatic' tumble failed to result in a penalty you'll be pleased to hear!...

sund002.jpg

All the best!

---- Gavin

Amazing shots!!

Wish I could shoot football like you do. What lens did you use for these?

Great action shots there, the guy in the red shirt likes diving by the looks of it.

Really nice shots there. Its great they still play football on the marshes. My dad still tells tales of footie on the Hackney Marshes in the 1930's!
There are so many pitches arent there.:)

Amazing shots!!

Wish I could shoot football like you do. What lens did you use for these?
Many thanks Nath... shot with a combination of 300mm f/2.8L + 1.4x extender and 70-200mm f/2.8L... all the EXIF data should be intact in the images for more details.

Great action shots there, the guy in the red shirt likes diving by the looks of it.
Cheers Jason... he certainly seemed to enjoying adopting a 'flying' pose ;)

Really nice shots there. Its great they still play football on the marshes. My dad still tells tales of footie on the Hackney Marshes in the 1930's!
There are so many pitches arent there.:)
Ta very much Janice... The Marshes is still a hotbed of local football... there aren't as many pitches as there used to be... but there are still 88 in operation.

---- Gavin

excellent action shots there mate, but i particularly 5 and 7, great captures (y)

Top notch as ever Gavin. Some great decisive moment stuff there. One question however, are you shooting in AI servo or are you a one shot pick your moment man? Either way you nail it.

Have some news for you, been awarded an FA Licence based on images printed. You know the score, long process with invoices, proof, copies etc but in place for next season 2007/08 and looking forward to covering local league stuff.

However, my bread and milk Rugby is on tonight but cant shoot as in too much pain and still recovering being sensible but going to watch the game with my PR contact, which should be nice.

Pete.

Great images. That's some collection of glass you have.

You definately capture the moment.

Judging by the quality set you have posted here you ain't no beginner ... (y)

A joy to peruse even though footie is no longer my thing ... :D ... truth told it hasn't been for many years now ... ;)

:p

excellent action shots there mate, but i particularly 5 and 7, great captures (y)
Cheers thailand tel! Fortunately I had some good subject matter ;)

Top notch as ever Gavin. Some great decisive moment stuff there. One question however, are you shooting in AI servo or are you a one shot pick your moment man? Either way you nail it.

Have some news for you, been awarded an FA Licence based on images printed. You know the score, long process with invoices, proof, copies etc but in place for next season 2007/08 and looking forward to covering local league stuff.

However, my bread and milk Rugby is on tonight but cant shoot as in too much pain and still recovering being sensible but going to watch the game with my PR contact, which should be nice.

Pete.
Thanks Pete... AI Servo all the way for these.

Hope recovery is going well... sure you'll be snapping away at the rugby again soon (if you're not already)!

Good luck with the football next season... and, yep, the application procedure for the Licence can be somewhat convoluted!

Some very nice images there. Great captures!

Something to aim for I think. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Great images. That's some collection of glass you have.

You definately capture the moment.
Much appreciated oldgit... It's taken a while to assemble the lens collection :LOL: Have had to sell a fair number of images to get there!

Judging by the quality set you have posted here you ain't no beginner ... (y)

A joy to peruse even though footie is no longer my thing ... :D ... truth told it hasn't been for many years now ... ;)
:p
I'll admit that I have photographed a few matches in my time ;) but thanks for your comments and pleased that I inspired a wee bit of interest in football again!

Seriously action packed stuff, fab. (y)
Ta very much forbiddenbiker!

---- Gavin

Nice shiots Gavin - Sharp as a sharp thing!

I've just made the connection having looked at your site - you're the speedway man! I've seen some of your pics before and I think we shared the centre green at Arena on one of Ipswich's visits (June) last year. (My first away centre green gig so I was nervous but enjoyed it!) That's a cracking pig of Chris Louis on the front page of your speedway Gallery too! (y)

I missed these first time round. Great shots which really show the action, I've done a couple of Sunday morning footie games in our village and realise just how hard it is!

Back