Sunny day at Hawk Conservancy

Gremlin

Houdini
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
Took a friend for their first visit yeasterday and hae to say it was one of my most enjoyable trips, hardly anyone else around, sunny but cold wind and they still put on full demos,but involved the visitirs more.
The staff really tried hard to put a good show on for the few togs there, all 4 of us, bringing the into the best places for pictures.

A rather wet Lanner that went off for a bath in the pond

183.jpg

Snowy Owl

201.jpg

Young Vulture

274.jpg

Sakar, when it eventually came back

470.jpg

Eagle Owl

606-1.jpg

Another pair of owls

622.jpg

If anyone is thinking of going would recommend a weekday at this time of year

Last edited:
Hi Ingrid, hope you were wrapped up warm (y)

#1 Looks a little soft

#2 Well captured, a little more room on the left for the bird to fly into would have been good.

#3 Again a good capture, but either a different crop with more room on the left or giving it more room when framing the shot.

#4 Good capture, but you do need to get them to look at you more when you take the shot ;)

#5 This would have been a good one imo if the wings had not been clipped and again had some more room around the frame.

#5 Pity you missed the focus :(

I am sure you will be going again and will post more up some time. I am not sure what lens you use but if these are straight out of camera I would be tempted to not zoom in so close to the subjects. Cropping in PP should let you frame the subjects nicely without any loss of detail. You recommend a weekday for a visit, but where is it :shrug: ;)

Last edited:
http://hawk-conservancy

There you go

Thanks for your comments Rich much appreciated

Would recommend a visit for you to appreciate how difficult if can be, falconers were brilliant but the display was much closer then normal so many of these are as taken, no crop, particularly the owls in the wood

All taken with a 70-200 2.8 and not on max zoom,doubt I would have got much without thatlens, I love it

Yep missed the focus on the flying owl oops sure I have a better on lol
First time I've seen two owlsflying together, will have a look sometime, but not around now for a couple of days ;)

Wasn't flying the Sakar but appreciate what you are saying, damn thing was pretty quick though

Last edited:
http://hawk-conservancy

There you go

Thanks for your comments Rich much appreciated

Would recommend a visit for you to appreciate how difficult if can be, falconers were brilliant but the display was much closer then normal so many of these are as taken, no crop, particularly the owls in the wood

All taken with a 70-200 2.8 and not on max zoom,doubt I would have got much without thatlens, I love it

Yep missed the focus on the flying owl oops sure I have a better on lol
First time I've seen two owlsflying together, will have a look sometime, but not around now for a couple of days ;)

Wasn't flying the Sakar but appreciate what you are saying, damn thing was pretty quick though

Thanks Ingrid, I did go to a similar place whilst on holiday this year, as for the demo`s the guy ended up about 15ft away to get them to leave the perches :( Hardly a photo opportunity :LOL: I will endevour to try and go elswhere this year though.

Back