Sunrise again

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok another sunrise and another HDR. Possibly a bit too much HDR, you tell me(y).
Again no tripod, I really must get organised:bonk:, so this was from one raw converted to 7 tifs.

I do like this shot Mark (y)
I think the HDR process is just right, for me personally theres just a tad too much colour saturation.

Thanks for the comments guys, do you think the foreground is oversaturated or the sky or the whole scene?:)

Had a play and desaturated it a touch, is this better:)

I think you are right about the tripod.
We must remember that it is impossible to get a gallon out of a pint pot.
A single raw image is not HDR .. it is LDR .. the software only plays about with the pixels to fake an HDR.
Multiple images are required for true HDR .. 3 at the least.
Personally I think using true HDR is a great tool but only in certain circumstances.
We mustn't get get carried away with the technology but simply do what the scene demands of us to get that 'wow' factor image.

I think you are right about the tripod.
We must remember that it is impossible to get a gallon out of a pint pot.
A single raw image is not HDR .. it is LDR .. the software only plays about with the pixels to fake an HDR.
Multiple images are required for true HDR .. 3 at the least.
Personally I think using true HDR is a great tool but only in certain circumstances.
We mustn't get get carried away with the technology but simply do what the scene demands of us to get that 'wow' factor image.

That's a fair point and I'm sure I could have done better with a tripod. I agree that HDR is a tool and nothing more, I'm sure with more skill and probably a few filters I don't yet own I could achieve something without the need for lots of pp. However in this circumstance it was a matter of getting a shot, I had not prepared, the scene presented itself and I had, as always, the camera with me, so this was the best process available to me. Hope that explains the process behind this picture. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I do appreciate it(y)

I'm sure the above comments are true, but it's still a nice picture.

Nice image, I'm not a fan of HDR (or LDR or whatever) but this doesn't seem to have been too overdone.

Mark, I just love these types of shots, I Like the second one best.(y)

I reckon I could do toast in front of that shot :LOL: Nice warming shot ;)

Thanks for the comments folks, much appreciated(y)
Alby it looks warm, but it wasn't:LOL:

Back