Sunrise at Glencoe Lochan

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Monday morning I left Glasgow at around 4am to make it to Glencoe for sunrise, the weather report looked good but the sky said otherwise so I started to walk around to the other side of the Lochan, half way round the sun started to appear and I had to run back and get set up again, turned out a pretty decent morning with these two shots being my best, got to about 2pm and I hit a brick wall and my early start was catching up so made the journey back home! Have a look and let me know what you think of the shots [emoji106]

1. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474478599.379625.jpg

2. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474478615.087108.jpg

Two very nice shots Scott, both well composed, great sky, and good reflections.(y)

George.

I think I will get the second printed and framed, turned it in to B&W but it just doesn't look right

Both beautiful images, but the composition and framing of No2, coupled to the format is superb.

Really like number 2, smashing shot. 1st one there's something with the sky and water being opposites in colour which doesn't sit right with me. Obviously nothing wrong with the image just doesn't fit my eye right. Looks a great morning to be there, lovely peaceful place that spot

Yeah I see what you mean Stuart, I might try and fix that in LE, maybe I've been a tad to gung ho when processing [emoji23]

Yeah I see what you mean Stuart, I might try and fix that in LE, maybe I've been a tad to gung ho when processing [emoji23]

You might want to tone it down a little, as well as the colour issue in number one the shadow areas have been lifted too much in both and saturation is high. I think editing is probably harder than the actual photography and it's very easy to go way too far. You seem to have a pretty good eye for a shot though

You might want to tone it down a little, as well as the colour issue in number one the shadow areas have been lifted too much in both and saturation is high. I think editing is probably harder than the actual photography and it's very easy to go way too far. You seem to have a pretty good eye for a shot though

Yes I'm trying to adopt the less is more attitude when processing as I have a tendency to go a little OTT [emoji23]

Back