Sunrise at Portland.

Merc

Loves Canon
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Went down to Portland for an early one yesterday with JollyJack. We were treated to quite a nice sunrise.

First shot was at ISO 1600 just trying out my new camera.:)

2cgzy12.jpg

11sku9u.jpg

15817cx.jpg

2wf77yr.jpg

Beautiful set Mark, you got some great light down there again (y)

Nice set of images. I feel the last one would do with a bit more detail in the rocks and lighthouse though.

Great series love #2. I agree with strax about the last one...crying out for a bit of hdr whether you multi expose them and do it yourself in photoshop or use a specific programme

Great set of images, number 2 looks like you've flashed the rocks with a giant flashgun to light them up :)

I like 2, 3 and 4....colours are great and has a great feel to them.

Fantastic Captures I Really Like No.1 No.2 And No.4 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

All great for me but No. 3 would go on my wall

Thanks Simon. How much?:D

Dunno ... Let me see how i do this weekend when I veture down there with Donutboy (Chris), he's a baker not a doughnut !!!

They are really great - i love No4 :clap:

Good set, No 2 for me, if you could tease a bit more shadow deetail out-it would lift it to very good.

Your horizon needs straightening on some of the images.

If you go early (Sunrise), right at the end of Portland Bill is good. If you go late (Sunset) and the tide is right i would certainly consider Kimmeridge Bay.(y)

Might give Kimmeridge a go then Merc ...

I'll check tides and weather ... Keep meaning to get a sun compass too. Would be nice if somebody did an iPhone App.

Edited to say tide is low at 1600 on Saturday ... Just need a moody sky !!! Still probably worth a drive though to scope out a few places in daylight.

Last edited:
Were you using filters in any of these? I Think no4 would look gorgeous in HDR

Wow!!! 2 & 4 are my favs!

D :)

Back