Sunrise on Arran

Name
Bruce
Edit My Images
Yes
Well it was a washout the night before, here are the results of the morning though.

No HDR here just filters which were being used for the first time proper:) and a welding glass shot

1) Welding Glass Shot

Longexposure.jpg

2) .9 Grad

Arransunrise3.jpg

3) .6, .3 and .9 Grad

Arransunrise.jpg

Last edited:
really nice shots you have there i would be well proud of them :) number 1 is great its a difficult one to choose out of 1 and 2 as i like them both for different reasons the moving clouds in 1 and the sunrise in 2.

Cheers
Karl

Number two is my personal favorite. It is a nice crisp image with good bones and solid composition.

Thank you for the postive comments.

I am pretty happy with them as well, the first of my landscapes that have been more in camera than PS

Nice shots Bruce, the first one especially has a great atmosphere with the longer exposure dragging the clouds.

Keep plugging away as it's a great feeling to get the landscapes right in camera.

Jas

Hi Bruce,

Nice shots. I think number 2 takes it for me. Good composition. They all look a tad soft though, although that could just be the 800 px limit.

Ewan

Last edited:
Hi Bruce,

Nice shots. I think number 2 takes it for me. Good composition. They all look a tad soft though, although that could just be the 200 px limit.

Ewan

Point taken, I guess I may need to sharpen them for displaying here as I never make allowances for putting my images up here they are sharpened with Nik Pro and I am pretty sure this is a sharp image with a high F number

Point taken, I guess I may need to sharpen them for displaying here as I never make allowances for putting my images up here they are sharpened with Nik Pro and I am pretty sure this is a sharp image with a high F number

Yeah I'm sure it is, probably just the small file size.

Ps I changed my mind, I think number 1 is my fave now.

I really like No 1. I've seen a few shots recently with x10 ND filters and they seem to be great for getting dramatic skies like you have here. I can feel the urge to do more filter buying coming on.

stunning!

Back