Sunrise Silhouette - Fishing For Compliments

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
What d'ya think to this?

I'm really chuffed! Hopefully I've guaged things right and it is a good pic, otherwise I'm going to look a right plank!

I would be proud of that too (y)

Can I be uber picky though? The band of orange that runs right through the centre? There are some very small wispy clouds I think should be cloned out, other than that, stunning!

Can I be uber picky though? The band of orange that runs right through the centre? There are some very small wispy clouds I think should be cloned out

You can be as picky as you want. I'm unsure which clouds though. Can you look at the image on Flickr and put a note on the ones you mean?

I did mean to do a small clone job to remove the seagulls. Especially the one (I think it's a gull) at the end of the fishing rod. But I forgot! Doh!

I would be proud of that too (y)

Can I be uber picky though? The band of orange that runs right through the centre? There are some very small wispy clouds I think should be cloned out, other than that, stunning!

I think if you look at the end of fishermans rod, theres one there and one a bit over to the left. I agree on this, otherwise, awesome silouhette.

I think if you look at the end of fishermans rod, theres one there and one a bit over to the left. I agree on this, otherwise, awesome silouhette.

Aha! That's the gulls that I meant to get rid off. For some reason I read it as small white clouds.

great shot, well done. is this another from this morning

Not a plank in sight.. that's lovely and one to be very chuffed with(y)

A brilliant picture! In fact, if you wait for the right subject, it's a potential magazine competition winner!

If this is the type of picture planks take, then I want to be a plank too! :clap:

(y) Very nice image, beautiful sky and tones caught there. You should be well pleased

I like it!! One thing to ask though...what pp have you done? Have you selected then darkened the fisherman? It looks strange around his legs where the rocks still have a lot of detail, but he is pure black?

regards.

eyeryone said:
various comments

Many thanks. I am really pleased with this one as you can probably tell. :LOL:

is this another from this morning

It is indeed. The only shot I was really pleased with.

I put some notes on your flickr ! :D

Thanks. These are the gulls that I meant to clone out then forgot about.

what pp have you done? Have you selected then darkened the fisherman? It looks strange around his legs where the rocks still have a lot of detail, but he is pure black?

It's a combination of three exposures as I don't own any filters yet. The two darker exposure were combined in photomatix using the 'exposure blending' feature, but I couldn't automate the brightest exposure for the rocks as the fisherman had moved slightly and it was causing some ghosting. The rocks exposure was 'blended' afterwards in photoshop. And this is where my inexperience shows... as I'd never thought about the reality of him being a shadow and the rocks showing. I think in hindsight, it would be better if I'd only added a little in the very front. Thanks for pointing this out, it's the sort of detail I want to be able to spot for myself in future.

I bet you got more compliments here that he caught fish! Great shot well seen and well captured.

As I said before, I like the picture..I just find the fisherman looks slightly superimposed in the scene, as he is a pure sillouette and nothing else is! If you know what I mean, the ground around him still contains lots of detail.

oh, I'm not trying to be picky, it's just my personnal opinion through my eyes that it just looks a little 'to altered' to me.

Regards.

yep - great image Lee! Composition works well and the colours are great!

Allow yourself to be chuffed :clap:

Back