Sunrise this morning

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
Caught this sunrise this morning.

Sunrise_001.jpg

Awesome looking shot,silhouetted trees work a treat too :cool:
....just thinking if it might benefit from a tiny crop off top and bottom ?

Excellent shot,i would not crop this at all.:)(y)

Fantastic shot, lovely colours. Maybe my monitor but it looks like the black at bottom isn't 'black enough' as i think i can see some grass or something, but that may just be me. Second question, where on earth did you manage to get a sunrise that pretty, we had to much cloud to have any kind of sunset/rise :(

Thanks for all your comments folks.(y) Glad you enjoyed the shot.
As to PP work. There was some. I did crop a good bit off the bottom but tried to keep some of the trees roughly on the bottom third line. Spent some time cleaning dust off the shot too. Taken on my old D70 that has never had a sensor clean.:puke::LOL:
Other work was just a touch of contrast added & a hint of saturation, sharpen & resize for posting. Think that about covers it.
I should add that I see these trees from my workplace every day & have taken loads of sunrise shots of that strip of trees. This morning I noticed the red tinge in the clouds & decided to concentrate on that rather than the more strongly lit sky. Seems to have paid off.;)

Excellent shot.

Beautiful image. This one deserves to be printed and displayed. :)

I tried something similar and the sky's colours were very washed out, deep solid colours is what you've achieved here; but mine were washed out pales of pinks here I'll show you what I mean:
6558643999_843a908091_z.jpg

What am I doing wrong ?
In comparison yours is much better.

I tried something similar and the sky's colours were very washed out, deep solid colours is what you've achieved here; but mine were washed out pales of pinks here I'll show you what I mean:
6558643999_843a908091_z.jpg

What am I doing wrong ?
In comparison yours is much better.

I don't think you are really doing anything wrong.
When I took my shot, I had to use a torch to set up the camera as it was quite dark. I think you had more light in the sky to start with.
If you open your image then Levels & play about with the centre slider & maybe try pulling on the graph line. Just play about with it & you will see what I mean. You will be able to bring up the colours on your shot too. The foreground will go much darker too, but I guess you want that anyway.
The exposure on my shot was 30secs@f5.6 at 200 iso. Have a look at what you had on yours & that too might help you.
There are others on here that will help you with PP work if you use Photoshop. I never could get the hang of it & gave it up ages ago in favour of Nikon's own NX, so am not best qualified to help you with Photoshop stuff.
Hoping that helps you.(y)

I noticed the sky like this yesterday as I drove to work in aberdeen and thought to myself 'if only i had my camera' now I am well annoyed at myself for not having my camera! I guess todays lesson is never leave home without camera!

Wonderful picture by the way.

I noticed the sky like this yesterday as I drove to work in aberdeen and thought to myself 'if only i had my camera' now I am well annoyed at myself for not having my camera! I guess todays lesson is never leave home without camera!

Wonderful picture by the way.

Thank you.
That is why I carry the old D70 with me all the time. You never know when it might come in handy.
I now find I have to do a selfportrait but am not sure if that will be the death knell to the old Nikon when I point it at my ugly mug!:LOL:

nice one Charlie (y)

Thank you all once again. Glad you enjoyed my efforts.

Lovely shot and wish I had got up a little earlier this morning for the sunrise here

That ain`t too bad at all big fella..........(y)

Works for me, excellent image

Awesome looking shot,silhouetted trees work a treat too :cool:
....just thinking if it might benefit from a tiny crop off top and bottom ?

Your right mate. This shot would definitely look more stunning if it was a little more 'panoramic' so to speak.

Beautiful none the less

Back