Sunrise

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Sunrise taken this morning near where I live :)

Taken with the parent's digital camera as I'm still in the process of getting my first D-SLR :p

sunrisesmallno5.gif

Not sure exactly what C&C means but I assume it's something to do with advice and opinions... so advice and opinions welcome :)

Thanks

Edit: Also, could someone give me advice on the best file type to save it in as it's still not looking as good as it was in PS :p

Sorry mate, don't do a lot for me, for what its worth, a little less dark areas, some more colour in the sky would help, i am sure there are more people to give you more advise.... good luck.

Good composition Leviathan (y)

Theres no EXIF data on this image so cant comment on settings etc, but you have taken this at the right time of morning, just before sunrise.
This is where you get the best colours but you need some clouds in the sky to show the colours.
Using the trees as a siloutte (and using the thirds rule) is a good idea when you have a colourfull sky with a nice cloud pattern.

C+C is short for "Comments and Criticism" on you picture.

As for file saving, I shoot and work with raw files then save as jpeg file for uploading.
Make sure your workspace in Photoshop is set to sRGB, as this can have a huge difference to the look of colour in your picture when uploaded on the web.

Hope this helps and good luck with a DSLR.

Thanks for the help. The camera was just a 7mp digital camera so it was on autofocus. Gave me some trouble with the automatic slow shutter speed and no tripod, but I found a friendly fence to lean on :)

Back