Sunset at Koh Lanta

Alex if you want to post images from Flickr you need to grab the BBCode for each image you wish to post, if you can say if your using the older style or the beta version of Flickr I'd be more than happy to help you get posting on the forum (y)

Matt

Ahhhh koh lanta! What a beautiful place, and I saw one of the best sunsets ever there in2009. Anyway colours are very vibrant in them all but too many to individually crit.

Alex if you want to post images from Flickr you need to grab the BBCode for each image you wish to post, if you can say if your using the older style or the beta version of Flickr I'd be more than happy to help you get posting on the forum (y)

Matt

Hey Matt. I'm using the new version of Flickr, and it worked fine on the old version of this site, but ever since I haven't been able to get anything to work. Even using the sites up-loader I can't get images to load.

This is what I get for everything -

(HTML code)
j528im

Every time I upload an Image I get 'There was a problem up-loading your image'

Hi Alex, on the new version of Flickr you need to click the pin symbol, the select the size you want copy that code provided and paste that directly into the text box, don't press the insert image button on the forum as ironically that will break the code :LOL: and that should allow you to post images hosted on Flickr (y)

It says to share this photo publicly first to view the embed code. I shared on Twitter and still nothing. God why did they make it this difficult? Used to just be a matter of adding
to the start and end of an image link.

It says to share this photo publicly first to view the embed code. I shared on Twitter and still nothing. God why did they make it this difficult? Used to just be a matter of adding
to the start and end of an image link.

It really is still easy honestly all you have to do is copy the code provide and paste it directly into the text post, you don't add any additional code Flickr provide all the code that you need (y)

Okay, there is no code under the pin, I'll try the one under the paper-clip. Let's see -

Updated OP

Aaaaand it doesn't work. I give up.

Last edited:
Okay, there is no code under the pin, I'll try the one under the paper-clip. Let's see -

Updated OP

Aaaaand it doesn't work. I give up.

I don't have access to a screen shot at the minute but I'll try and sort one out

It really is quite easy to upload a photo from Flickr, after all, 99% of the photos you see in this forum have been uploaded that way. It is tricky to work it out but easy when you know how.

Have a look at the picture below. See the symbol in pink at the bottom right. View the photo you want to upload and then click that icon. On the window that pops up click the "Grab the HTML/BBCode" heading and make sure you check the BBCode radio button. Choose the size of image you want to post and then copy the text in the box and paste it straight in to you forum post and the picture will appear. You must be signed in to you Flickr account to do this.

Flickr upload by Idlefrog on Talk Photography

It really is quite easy to upload a photo from Flickr, after all, 99% of the photos you see in this forum have been uploaded that way. It is tricky to work it out but easy when you know how.

Have a look at the picture below. See the symbol in pink at the bottom right. View the photo you want to upload and then click that icon. On the window that pops up click the "Grab the HTML/BBCode" heading and make sure you check the BBCode radio button. Choose the size of image you want to post and then copy the text in the box and paste it straight in to you forum post and the picture will appear. You must be signed in to you Flickr account to do this.

Andrew that is the old version, Alex is using the new/beta version (y)

Please disregard my post above, I hadn't read the whole thread and didn't realise you were using the new version of Flickr. I just tried the same thing and get the same as you do:

Back