Sunset at the Top of the Rock

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
A sunset taken from the Top of the Rock in New York. A bit of a wait in the freezing cold but well worth it.

original.jpg

As has been said that is a stunning shot indeed. I love the warm tone colours, the vantage point and the overall effect.

WOW! (that is all)

Thanks for the comment.

What she said :clap:

Thanks

Yes stunning indeed (y)

Thank you

As has been said that is a stunning shot indeed. I love the warm tone colours, the vantage point and the overall effect.

I knew as the afternoon wore on that the sunset might be quite good as the bank of cloud didn't move and once the sun hits the underneath of the clouds there was every chance of some spectacular colours in the sky.

I still have some more to process as the sunset went on. Hopefully I'll get to them in the next day or two.

Superb shot, one of the best I've seen from there. Love the little dustings of snow on the building tops, nice contrast with the orange sunlight.

I know what you mean about the freezing cold - I was up there after midnight a couple of Februarys back, would love to catch a sunset next time, whenever that might be! It's an awesome view, I can still remember going up that escalator and seeing it for the first time...

Thanks

Thanks

Superb shot, one of the best I've seen from there. Love the little dustings of snow on the building tops, nice contrast with the orange sunlight.

I know what you mean about the freezing cold - I was up there after midnight a couple of Februarys back, would love to catch a sunset next time, whenever that might be! It's an awesome view, I can still remember going up that escalator and seeing it for the first time...

It was quite a sight as you said. I had arrived a bit too early, probably around 2 hours before sunset. I spent most of the time hopping in and out to heat up. When it neared the sunset I probably spent an hour outside all in. I'm not sure of the temp, but there was snow lying at ground level and quite a biting wind got up too. Even worse I had no gloves:eek:

one place i have always wanted to go
stunning

It was well worth the visit to it.

Stunning time to be there, great capture

Thanks, I did plan to get a sunset from here even looking at The Photographers Ephemeris to judge the sunset position for the shot.

That looks fantastic, great shot :)

Thanks(y)

Back