Sunset Beach..

fraggle101

Not a mermaid
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, first real attempt at a sunset with the 5D.. Wot ya think??

The only processing done was to remove a bunnie and a slight dodge.. no sharpening as i forgot.. lol..

MG_8449_1.jpg

this is a beach on the south coast of wales, you can see England on the horizon on the left handside on the shot, it maybe putting you off.. it was taken with a spirit level so SHOULD be straight.. :thinking:

Thanks Mark..

Ah, that's what's spoiling it. England:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sorry, couldn't resist:bonk:

Great pic by the way. Beautiful tones(y)(y)

very nice better than usual sunset shots :)

This is a 100% crop from another image..

Romantic isnt it..

Sunset4.jpg

This is the same Beach but from one edge.. and after the sun had gone down..

Sunset5_.jpg

This is me setting up the first image..

IMG_1515_.jpg

Thx Chris.. i was really happy with most on the shots id got.. it was a perfect evening.. (y)

Hiya Neil, i didnt get to go walkies too much, i wanted to but didnt have the time.. i did come back the day after but there was no sunset at all.. it just got dark!! lol.. next time i'll go and explore, i did take photos on the second day but it was very grey and not too interesting, i'll post a couple soon so you can see..

It is indeed a nice beach!!

Thx for the heads up.. (y)

Those are some great shots,the colours are great and the shots are well framed.(y)

Thanks for the comments.. keep em comming!! lol..

Anyway, these are from the next day, it was a miserable day, drizzely and grey...

_MG_8572_.jpg

_MG_8608_.jpg

_MG_8627.jpg

I like the shots, although there is quite heavy vignetting (don't know how you spell it) on the first one

Thanks for that, i think the Vignetting is actualy the light falling off the sky.. theres no sign of it on the bottom corners... I have some more photos taken wider showing the arc of light in the sky..

#1 is my favourite
I see what people mean - the horizon looks odd
I wonder if it's just lens distortion
pretty stunning pic though! (y)

It was taken on a 5D with a 17-40L so its quite wide and it was positioned low to the ground.. maybe your noticing the curve of the horizon, or its the cliffs on the left of the sun thats putting you off.. But then of course, it could just be wonky!! lol...

Thanks Camperman..

Btw, iv had a look on Google Earth, the landfall on the left of the sun in the first pic that sits on the horizon is the north Devon Coast.. I think im going to ask Gordon Brown to move it as its spoiling my picture!! lol... :LOL:

I'm loving the first but nothing wrong with the rest.... apart from a couple of off horizons maybe.
Good work mate keep it up.
Ken.

Back