Sunset docks, waterfront & Danbo!

S

stupar

Popped out tonight seen as the light was looking good, so off down to one of my local haunts to soak up the peace and tranquility and shoot some frames too.
The last image is a cheeky wee extra with the composition credit going to @potteringaround who highlighted this setup in his thread "Edinburgh Shore" of recent. I felt the quad framed needed a focal point so danbo came into play.
Anyway feel free to comment and thanks for looking!

Docked by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Somewhere by a rainbow by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Abandoned Lighthouse by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Quad framed by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Clicked on the thread because of Dando, I was a little disappointed until #4 that's a great image, the others are good as well but Danbo all the way for me.

Nice set, though the last one stands out and it is interestingly different :)

Thank you.
Its weird how you never think of these shots until someone else tries it even though i have passed this spot sooooo many times.

Nice one Stuart - the framed shot is one I've returned to in grimmer weatehr but it never worked quite so weel. also possibly one for a focus stack or TS treatment in future.

It's certainly fertile hunting ground down a the western harbour!

Cheers Sam,

Definitely scope for some alternative styles using the seat as the basis of the composition.

I love western harbour but some areas are out of bounds to me as I am usually on the bike (cleats and slippery rocks are not a good combo) or I am aware of the sorts that roam the area after dark so tend not to stick around for long when on my own.
Otherwise anywhere between western harbour and granton harbour is my stomping ground that I will happily shoot until the cows come home!

Back