Sunset Glow , Reculver Towers

Edit My Images
Yes
As the sun set , reculver towers was give this lovely orange glow which even made me feel warm inside.

Reculver Towers is the remains of a 12th century church, which is located on the remains of Roman and Saxon buildings. The Towers themselves are perched on the top of a large cliff, which has been heavily eroded in the past and is the reason why there are only partial remains of the church left standing.

Due to its location on the north coast, the towers lend themselves to some lovely photographs with the sunset to their rear and the sea to one side.

Sunset_Glow___Reculver_Towers_by_PirateNeilsouth.jpg

Hi Neil
You certainly got the orange glow there. Think you could make more of that. Processing looks not quite there.
Personally, I'd like to have seen it a little closer, nevertheless nice shot and interesting history / geography lesson too.

Just had a look through your gallery, you've done some fantastic stuff! Especially like the B&W pics.

I kind of agree with rockshifter on this one, maybe needs a tighter crop? Even square perhaps.

(I feel a bit churlish criticising an excellent photographer.)

Just had a look through your gallery, you've done some fantastic stuff! Especially like the B&W pics.

I kind of agree with rockshifter on this one, maybe needs a tighter crop? Even square perhaps.

(I feel a bit churlish criticising an excellent photographer.)

Don't be :)

In what way would the tighter crop help? , out of interest (y)

Don't be :)

In what way would the tighter crop help? , out of interest (y)

For me, although the lines lead the eye into the picture, I am slightly distracted by the rocks in the bottom lefthand corner.

It's a minor issue though. Still a fine pic.
:)

I like that! Very warm and cosy!

I really like it. The stones of the church almost glow with an internal light (ooer, thats a bit deep). I do feel however that a small crop to about the 2nd O in photography would just improve it a touch. I find that the LHS is a little dead compared to the rest and it would allow the handrail to lead the eye to the church. Tiny nitpick though, its a great shot.

Andy

g'day pirate! You've caught the towers in favourable light and your picture is better than Wikipedia's. I googled it because I knew of another church in Sydney that appears to have taken its style from Reculver Towers. You may be interested to take a look, mate. (y)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reculver

Back