Sunset in a storm

Name
Lukas
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi these are some more pictures from Iceland. I'm still new to photograhy so I'd really like some constructive critisism on these pictures as I know they're far from perfect! Thanks.

1.) Taken as we were having a drive about and I just loved the sky.
3853098803_d75aa6ac6e.jpg

2.) Sunset over reykjavik harbour, yes the sky really was this colour!
3853097305_70f2fc3fa0.jpg

3.) The heavens opened as I took this shot, with a lighthouse and snæfellsjökull glacier in the distance.
3853885452_0ac9624ea7.jpg

4.) I threw my girlfriend infront of the lens and quickly snapped this before I was soaked through!
3853885848_bca84e21d8.jpg

If you'd like to take a peek at my other pictures and critique on them it would be much appreciated!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukay64

ditto - love the first shot, nice composition with the road too !

Thanks a lot guys, Iceland is a phenomenal country for landscapes and I'm trying to improve my skills whilst I'm still here, only two weeks left:(. On a side note, I have a 400D and a 50mm f/1.8, which can be quite restricting sometimes when I've been trying to get the landscape image I've had in my head, so can anybody recommend a good wide angle, budget is around 250 pounds, thanks!

Love the first, it really is good. I am afraid the sunsets do nothing for me. They are anyway notoriously difficult to capture - so often the image that comes out of the camera fails to live up to the moment - and these are all too cluttered with poles and out of focus elements. That wide angle lens would have helped too, but you would still have needed to get the clutter out of the composition.

Ref the lens..

I recently bought a Tokina 12-24mm on ebay for £275, and it is brilliant. I understand the Sigma 10-20mm is good too. I notice that there are a plethora of 'Buy it Now' offers of these lenses from Hong-Kong. I don't know whether they are trustworthy, or if you get a proper warranty, but I am sure the folk here will know.

Thanks, yeah I only really like the sunset shots because of the colour of the sky, and as I said I really had no time to get a good composition before getting soaked through in the pouring rain with gale force winds and my camera isn´t weatherproof as far as i know!:D

I'll have a look into both those lens', the 10-20 sounds like it might be worth a shot, but not sure if I trust those ebay sellers from hongkong:thinking:, I've heard horror stories about them...:(

I don't want to sound like I'm stuck in a loop but any more critique would be very much appreciated, and it seems like #1 seems to be peoples favorite, I really appreciate you're kind words :D

yes, I'm a 'number 1-er' too! :)

beautiful sky, and it looks an amazing place.

sorry, I'm not good enough to give a critique, but that first pic has a beautiful 'feel' if you know what I mean :)

Nice shots especially the first and I also like the second with the silhouette shame about slight blur but very nice.

Great service, Lukey - photos on demand! ;)

Well - it's a weird one because I prefer the clouds in the first one (I think you have a wider angle and have squeezed more of them in). But I quite like the central road of the second.

I think overall maybe I do prefer the first if I had to choose. :)

Back