SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
This was a very special evening towards the end of my time in the Pyrenees last year. Things are looking extremely hopeful regarding the relaxation of lock down and quarantine rules that I might be able to get back this year. Certainly hotels are open for business and the Ordesa Y Monte Perido national park is welcoming visitors.

I had returned after a rather unproductive spell in the Alps when the weather in the Pyrenees broke down. I decided after 2 days in Chamonix of grey clouds and horrific high winds to return back to Spain for another try.

This was what greeted me after 600 miles in the car

1. The Peak of Mondoto

_DSC5022 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

2. Light and shadow plays up the Canyon

_DSC5047 4x3 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

3. Another play of light that caught my eye

_DSC5053 - Version 2 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

4. It pays to look the other way

_DSC5060 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

5. A deeper look into the Canyon

_DSC5109 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

6. Really gorgeous light

_DSC5122 5x4 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

7. Lovely Golden Light

_DSC5127 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

8. That Sky!!!

_DSC5131 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

3 for me, the curve of shadow and light is well composed. I often find with your shots Steve they are better enjoyed on a big screen, a phone doesn’t do the detail justice.

3 for me, the curve of shadow and light is well composed. I often find with your shots Steve they are better enjoyed on a big screen, a phone doesn’t do the detail justice.

Thanks - they're processed on a big (calibrated) screen for sure and I tend to enjoy them best on that - even over print. You've picked one of my favourites from the shoot and I often find myself gazing at it (longingly) in full screen view. Nowhere in the world quite speaks to me the way this place does and it's of all the places I am keenest to get back to.

Back