Sunset on Hazards Range

Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken from Honeymoon Bay looking towards the Hazard Ranges in Freycinet National Park, Tasmania. The sunset made the granite rocks turn a bright orange/red colour.

Honest C&C appreciated

original.jpg

No comments then?!

patience is a virtue some wise old sage said :D

Fantastic colours and a good lead in line to the photo make this a good composition.

to see if it could be made even better, the only thing I would do is try to achieve a better balance between foregound and background by cropping off the foreground some.

worth a try to see how it looks?

patience is a virtue some wise old sage said :D

Fantastic colours and a good lead in line to the photo make this a good composition.

to see if it could be made even better, the only thing I would do is try to achieve a better balance between foregound and background by cropping off the foreground some.

worth a try to see how it looks?

How about this? I think I prefer the original. I have a wide shot too, let me go dig it out.

original.jpg

Wide shot

original.jpg

Now I do like the wide shot. There is good foreground interest in the large rock that leads the eye around the waterline and onto the background hills.

I think the scene lends itself to the wide shot.

I can appreciate that the original shot does show off the texture and colour of the foreground rock very well, I just thought it a little too dominant in the image which distracted from the interesting mountains in the background, if that makes sense :thinking:

Now I do like the wide shot. There is good foreground interest in the large rock that leads the eye around the waterline and onto the background hills.

I think the scene lends itself to the wide shot.

I can appreciate that the original shot does show off the texture and colour of the foreground rock very well, I just thought it a little too dominant in the image which distracted from the interesting mountains in the background, if that makes sense :thinking:

Yeah I appreciate what you are saying. I loved the texture and colour that the sunset gave to the rocks. Cheers.

The wide shot is the one I prefer. Very pleasing to my eye.

Yeah, I'm with the others. The wide one is the better of the two. I reckon that there's a bit too much stoney foreground in the first one.

Back