Sunset - Outeniqua Mountains - South Africa

Edit My Images
No
DP3 Merrill

TP_Outeniqua_Mountains.jpg

Last edited:
DP3 Merrill

TP_Outeniqua_Mountains.jpg
Well done. I've driven through the area a few times, but I haven't taken photographs. Have you visited the Valley of Desolation, just outside Graaff-Reinet? Spectacular at any time, but particularly at dawn and sunset? I'd post some photographs but they were taken on film more than thirty years ago, and I think the negatives and prints are still in SA. I've have a look ...

Well done. I've driven through the area a few times, but I haven't taken photographs. Have you visited the Valley of Desolation, just outside Graaff-Reinet? Spectacular at any time, but particularly at dawn and sunset? I'd post some photographs but they were taken on film more than thirty years ago, and I think the negatives and prints are still in SA. I've have a look ...
Thanks Martin

the shot taken from our back terrace in the hills above Knysna, (we share a house on a Nature Reserve with a few other retired folks ) - although in recent years we have been quite a lot to SA the farest north we have been by car is the Klein Karoo, so we have never got as far as Graaff-Reinet.

Wonderful country with marvellous people and spectacular scenery at every turn. Covid prevented our usual Jan/Feb/Mar stay this year and although they are expecting us in 2022, we will juts have to wait and see.

Thanks Martin

the shot taken from our back terrace in the hills above Knysna, (we share a house on a Nature Reserve with a few other retired folks ) - although in recent years we have been quite a lot to SA the farest north we have been by car is the Klein Karoo, so we have never got as far as Graaff-Reinet.

Wonderful country with marvellous people and spectacular scenery at every turn. Covid prevented our usual Jan/Feb/Mar stay this year and although they are expecting us in 2022, we will juts have to wait and see.

Graaff-Reinet is an easy enough drive from Kynsna if you feel like visiting it. The night sky in the Karoo is stunning too. I'd also recommend reading The Plains of Camdeboo (Eve Palmer).

Graaff-Reinet is an easy enough drive from Kynsna if you feel like visiting it. The night sky in the Karoo is stunning too. I'd also recommend reading The Plains of Camdeboo (Eve Palmer).

Thanks Martin, will give it a go next time we are out there - my wife is the more adventurous one, I just tend to like to stay in one place and look forward to the marvellous South African food & wine in the evening.

Back